Tuesday 24 March 2015

Mr Bean goes Swimming

Smallest went off to school by himself. He says he doesn't miss Small but when I watched him wait for the bus this morning, he seemed lonely and sad without him.

Before I went off to work today, I started a Chilli Con Carne in the Slow Cooker for dinner. In the greenhouse, I learnt that Jeff is closing the Nursey and taking up a job with a Landscape company. The nursery will still run as a mail order company and there will be special open days. I get to stay as there is plenty to do in the gardens and greenhouses. I also made it clear that if a job came up there, I would be happy to work more. We will still be gardening at the Royal York too. Today I carried on potting on some veggies and pelargoniums and coreopsis. J was back today too so we got some nice treats for coffee break.

Huffle and I had lunch together and watched a bit of Kevin McClouds Man Made Home (brilliant series, we are on Series 2 already, it is so good. Though if he says Off Grid anymore times, he might as well change the name of the program to Kevin is Off Grid).

This afternoon I made a veggie chilli for me, did lots of washing and drying and folding (didn't I only do that yesterday? Are there really only four people in this house?).

When Smallest came home, he played basketball for a while and then on the IPad. He has been learning about fractions at school and has been given Grade 3's spelling instead of Grade 2.

After an early dinner we took Smallest for his swimming lessons. We have never been on a Tuesday before as we have always chosen Friday's. Smallest's instructor was MrBean and he only had three in his class. We like to ask him what the names are of the people he swims with because it is always funny as he normally gets their name wrong. For example he once swam with 'bucket' who was really called Duncan. He said one of them this week was called Trent. I wonder if it is really. He worked very hard.

 

No comments: