Friday 6 March 2015

Under Surveillance

When Huffle went outside today to put the recycling and bins out, he noticed a car with the engine running, in our driveway with a man sitting in it. He walked up to him and was told he was an under cover Police man doing surveillance. Huffle looked at him dubiously and he showed him his badge. Oh! Of course, we all crowded at the window to see him. Smallest said "he was staring at me so I hit my bottom!" Oh dear! The boys went off to school and Smallest waved at him on the way. He waved back.

When I went off to knitting I noticed the car was a different one so I spoke to him and asked if he had swapped over. He had. I said to him "my husband thinks you would be less conspicuous if you cleared the snow off our drive". He agreed smilingly.

Today I picked up The English Rose for knitting. It was a full table and there was a lot of chatter (poor Rose forgot her hearing aid so missed half of what was being said). I managed to get a fair bit of my second yoga sock done and came home for lunch.

Policeman No3 was on the drive this time and waved at me as I passed. All surveillance finished by about 3pm. I wonder what they were watching or doing! I Facetimed Moo while I was having my lunch and she was having her dinner, so it was like we were having a meal together. I also managed a bit of sewing while I talked to her.

I prepared dinner and when the kids came home they dashed around getting their swimming stuff together whilst telling me their school news. Smallest was upset that he got a B in his 'procedure' when he felt he should have got more and Small has been chosen as the Captain of the Junior Science Olympic Team and will miss a day of school this month to attend a competition. He heads up a team of three (him and two girls).

We took the boys swimming and told Small's teacher he needed to work hard. He gave him a 20lb brick to hold in the deep end and he instantly sank. They both swam very well and Smallest has improved with his breaststroke.

At home we ate dinner and the boys played on the wii with their new games with Huffle while I sewed and then I played Sorry with Small and jigsawed with smallest. Everyone is very tired and just a bit under the weather.

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ooo exciting. Would have been even better if they were spies. Keep us updated. Is someone gun running in the Hamlet?.