Thursday 5 March 2015

Half a bed

It's nice to be in our own beds (even if they are half the size of the enormous ones in Florida) and everyone had a good nights sleep. Small is full of cold though and the temperatures went right down to -15* (-23* windchill) though it didn't feel too bad to me!

Whenever the boys have gone to school I open their bedroom windows to get some fresh air In (however cold) - this is what I found in Smallest's bed. His new favourite Pluto with his old Favourite Smelly, Mr Blueberry which was handed down by Small and his Oz Koala (Smallest edit: that's Mr Red Ears with the stripes).

The boys went to school, Huffle worked from the bunker with full power and I went to my new Quilting class. Suffolk and I had bought our material previously so we started our cutting out straight away. One hour of cutting, one and a half hours of choosing which squares go next to which ones and half an hour putting away and learning what to do next! Arrrgggghhhhh. sorting the order of materials is the most tricky part which is silly. Anyway we sorted it, now we have a week to sew together 36 squares and cut out the border (and sew the border on if we are quick enough). Next week we will be cutting the squares into pinwheels!!

My chosen material placement.

We had lunch together in a nearby cafe and put the World to rights before I went off and did a food shop. Plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables to get rid of those nasty bugs and put some goodness back into our Disney bodies.

Huffle helped me unpack the car and the boys helped me to put away. I Facetimed Moo while I cut the veg for our curries and then we all ate dinner.

Huffle and Small went off to buy some wii games that Huffle found on Kijiji and Smallest and I folded washing and played Mario Bros.

I have to say, it's quite nice not having to trawl through hundreds of photos to add them to my posts (just the two today).

 

No comments: