Monday 23 March 2015

Little Drummer Boy

One of the things on the list for Small to take on his 'away' trip was Kleenex or a Handkerchief (do people still use hankies?) and Small packed a whole box of tissues. I got him to swap it for a small pack of tissues before he went. I left him and Smallest with Huffle this morning in order to get to my early morning Yoga class. Bless him, I hope he hs a good time.

Yoga was great and very relaxing. I did a lot of stretching and apart from hurting my neck, I think I may have some aches in the next few days. We did the Shavasana (relaxy bit) at the end and I nearly fell asleep.

I did a bit of grocery shopping on my way home, put the shopping away and had lunch with Huffle. This afternoon, in between washing, drying and folding, I finished sewing my quilt. I'm am very pleased with it.

To give you an idea of size, this is laid out on a King(UK) /Queen (CAN) bed.

Smallest came home by himself and put his clothes away and played on the IPad until his piano lesson. He is working on his recital piano piece Largo (for those not familiar this is the Hovis Advert), though he might change it for another pierce as he ip doesn't like Largo. After dinner we took Smallest to Beavers where he made a drum and then joined the Cubs and Scouts for a drumming session. Huffle and I walked through the village and up a long lane, uphill and down for an hour before picking him up again.

It didn't snow during the night but the temperature was -13* (without windchill) this morning and got to about -9* in the afternoon. We have a week of sun, rain and snow forecast with highest temperatures of 8* and lowest of -11*. I'm a bit fed up with it all now and wish we could just have a nice warming Spring.

 

No comments: