Saturday 14 March 2015

I said to you dint I Roy.

It started as a foggy, rainy, miserly day. Smallest's friend came round at 10am to watch the football game but we forgot the clocks went forward here and the game wasn't on until 11am. Al came armed with a bag of popcorn (or kettle corn as his mum called it) and a bag of cheesey balls and they went and played in Smallest's bedroom until the game started. Huffle and Small played on the wii and I carried on sewing and cutting.

Stoke lost and Al went off to play hockey. Smallest came and helped me place various quilting squares and we got rid of some flies that were sheltering from the cold/fog/rain.

For dinner we went out to the Chip shop and then went on to the Future shop where we bought a tablet for Smallest's birthday. While we were in there we found a sale table with a Blue Tooth Speaker system for just $50 (normally $120, reduced to $90 and then $50). It was missing its box and manual but as we have another one in the house (mine in the loft) we know how good they are. Small decided to buy this with his saved money. Bargain.

We picked up a few groceries and cake ingredients. We got to test some samples again and had Caramilk and Cinnamon Waffles with Cinnamon Butter. (We should have gone there for dinner ha ha).

Back home, after a quick walk down the road for the boys and I, Huffle set up the new sound system in Small's room, set up Smallest's tablet (though he isn't getting it until the end of March) and while the boys played on the wii and I made my third cake, Huffle Skyped Grandma and Grandad. There was lots of silly chatter today.

This time the cake was much better though it did sink a tiny bit. The oven light isn't working and I'm wondering if it's because I opened the door a little to check it wasn't exploding again. I will decorate it tomorrow.

While the boys had a bit of tea, we finished watching Star Wars.

The snow is disappearing a bit more and is starting to reveal things. Poor Muzzy Gnome has lost some of his paint and the Big Baby (as Smallest calls him) or Cyril is emerging.

One of my photos on Instagram has earned me 'Featurd Artist' this week. This is the field with the silos that I take many photos of all year round. Wahoooooo.

 

TOMORROW:

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY TO LITTLE YORKSHIRE PUDDING. We hope everyone is feeling well and that his birthday is a lovely one xxxx.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO MOO AND GRANDMA (just in case we don't get in touch tomorrow). Bearing in mind it is not Mothers Day here - we have to wait until May.

 

No comments: