Thursday 26 March 2015

Five big and five small

We had another power cut last night, just as we were watching a bit of TV in bed. We were both so tired anyway that we didn't care and it came back on before we were properly asleep. Cause:unknown is what the website said!

Small had to be woken this morning and didn't want to get up. Everyone seems really tired, I don't know if it's the weather? After the boys went to school, I prepared for my Quilting Class. Originally this one was going to be the final one and we were supposed to be there an extra hour. However things didn't really go well today. The sewing shop has moved to a new bigger location which is great, easy to get to and plenty of room dedicated for sewing and classes. Suffolk and I were the only ones in as usual on a Thursday morning, so we just plodded along making an extra border for the front part. MrSew was in a weird mood today and knocked all my stuff off the table and walked away without even acknowledging it which annoyed me from the beginning. Then an hour and a half into our session, two old women stomped in, dropped all their stuff down (which included a huge suitcase), demanded that they sit next to each because they wanted to and stared at us and whispered. MrsSew told them to go and look round the new shop as they were early. (They were actually half an hour early). Then the rest of their class arrived, equally early. Sewing machines, suitcases, trolleys, Zimmer frames (I might be exaggerating a little here) arrived along with rude rude older women who not only didn't speak to us but expected us to move all of our stuff (purely with a look, a grimace or a shrug). MrsSew was clearly not pleased but she is not the sort of woman who will tell people to bugger off, so I asked her if she wanted us to leave. I don't think she did but it did seem the best option as the Zimmer gang were clearly not happy until we were safely out of the way. Bloody rude self important biddies! I do know exactly what it is I have to do at home though so hopefully I can just get on with it. We only paid for three sessions but to be honest it was such a small amount we paid that we are really not losing anything, plus MrsSew feels so bad she has fit us in another session next week (and however many more we need to get it finished). It started to snow and was really heavy and cold but fortunately it only lasted an hour or so.

Suffolk and I decided to go for lunch and celebrate her birthday which is this Sunday. We aimed for a little French Bistro we know but it was closed. Across the road was another place we hadn't tried. I'm so glad we did. It was amazing. We both chose the vegetarian options and shared Ravioli and a Vegetable Strudel. We even had dessert. I had an Italian pudding, which I can't really describe, with salted Caramel Sauce in it and a huge spun sugar decoration. Just lovely, but I thought I was going to pop. We had a good long chat and then popped to another material shop where Suffolk bought some fabric to make Smallest an apron for his birthday.

Back home, Huffle had set up work in the kitchen in case I wasn't back in time and then repositioned himself in the Bunker after the kids came home. Huffle has a new role at work. He is now CBSL (Commercial Business Sector Leader). When you read sector you have to say it like this Sec-Tour, in a very American kind of way, like Keith Lemon would say on Celebrity Juice. (Just because it makes us laugh).

Both boys were tired, had a snack, emptied their bags and did a quick job for me (Smallest got our dinner ingredients, peeled a potato and opened some beans and Small emptied my car of rubbish) before going on gadgets. They ended up on the wii after dinner but once again it ended in an argument and Small sulked in his room and Smallest helped me to make Suffolk's birthday muffins.

 

 

2 comments:

Sarah Tomson said...

Haha as I read Huffle's new position I read it Keith lemon style too! Think the new series of celeb juice started last night...I've recorded it to watch later...I will now think of Huffle when they get to the sectors!!) x

famfa said...

We can't ever say sector without saying it like that now. We watched juice last night. Absolutely nuts! No sector bits though xx