Sunday 3 May 2015

A new package arrives

Poor Smallest didn't sleep very well again due to his allergy. He woke up with big puffy eyes, a blocked nose, sore throat and a headache. Huffle and I had an interrupted night's sleep due to revellers in the Hamlet and dogs barking. I don't know what was more annoying, Huffle opening windows to find where the noise was coming from or the noise itself! When I woke up I also had itchy eyes, sore throat and a headache but I didn't need antihistamines.

After Small was fully dosed up on antihistamines, we decided to try and keep him inside as much as possible despite the fact that he thought this idea was BORING! Huffle and Small went to the local Country Market where they bought crocs for Small and some vegetable plants.

Smallest played on his tablet while gardened and when the others came back we all played on the trampoline. Skipping, football and general bouncing. We even got Huffle playing on it. We stopped for lunch and the played a game of Catan.

The afternoon was spent doing a bit more gardening, skyping Grandma and Grandad, and fetching our package from the airport. Small and I went to the airport today and left Smallest and Huffle planting some vegetables. Small and I played a game on the way, spotting cars and drivers and although the journey was long and slow, we passed the time well.

We panicked a bit because it took us so much longer than normal to get there but as we arrived in Arrivals we got a text from Aunty A saying she was queuing for customs. It took ages for her to get through but we finally found her and took her home. The journey home was really quick and Huffle had dinner waiting from us when we got in.

Aunty A was given a tour around the house (this is her fourth visit though things have changed) by the boys and then she emptied her bag and bestowed us with lovely goodies - well we have been good.

The kids went to bed and we sat and chatted. Lovely to see Aunty A.

 

 

2 comments:

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

I get terrible hayfever too and am always popping antihistamines. My Dr has me on this new nasal spray for it which also helps with the itchy eyes and I'm not using the antihistamines nearly as much. Great to hear you guys are getting into Settlers, it's one of our faves. Enjoy your visit from Aunty A! Xx

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

I get terrible hayfever too and am always popping antihistamines. My Dr has me on this new nasal spray for it which also helps with the itchy eyes and I'm not using the antihistamines nearly as much. Great to hear you guys are getting into Settlers, it's one of our faves. Enjoy your visit from Aunty A! Xx