Tuesday 19 May 2015

New Football

After the weekends' fabulous weather, it all turned a bit cool today. Though I did start out in my shorts, by the end of the day, I was in a jacket and jeans.

After the boys went to school, I went to work and helped Jan to weed out the main beds, plant a few pansies in the Potage and plant the potatoes after we hauled two huge pots up the hill! I came home with a couple of Wild Violas and a Dog Wood Pagoda Tree (just a Baby one). At coffee time we sampled Jan's lovely Custard and nut cake (yummy). The others are going off to the Royal York tomorrow without me but I have been promised a trip there in a couple of weeks to do some Hot planting (tomorrow is supposed to be down to 4* so it certainly won't be hot and the things that can be planted in a couple of weeks time will be things like peppers, squash, tomatoes etc).

Naughty work cats Keeping an eye on the birds
Aunty A's Leeks

I had a very brief lunch with Huffle and a quick Skype catchup with Moo before driving off to Suffolk's and going to Costco with her. I called home to see if Huffle wanted any Pork tenderloin and tried explaining what it was like, bearing in mind I am a vegetarian, I was telling him it looked like lumps of meat a bit like chicken breasts but pork obviously. I didn't end up getting any but the look on some of the people's faces around was priceless. They probably thought I was very strange!

The boys were already home when I got back and we had had a delivery of the trellis and slabs and sand. Last night, after watching the Chelsea Flower Garden Challenge, we decided to take up the path I have been building and replace it with a thinner path using the bricks and slabs (as we now have the bigger ones from Suffolk's house too). I will make a start on this on Thursday if the weather is good.

I made dinner whilst Huffle finished his work and the boys did their homework. Huffle and Smallest played on the Wii and then after dinner Huffle took Small to his new football practice. Huffle wasn't impressed with the setup and Small was disappointed that he was in a team that wer rubbish (apart from a select few) though he did enjoy it and he is getting plenty of exercise which is good.

Smallest and I played on the Wii. Huffle came home today with a Microwave (ours fell apart inside), a huge hose with a lifetime guarantee (good because we don't have much luck with hoses), a metal sprinkler and watering can (so Small can't drop and break them ha!). And here's me thinking he went to watch Small play football, not go shopping!

 

 

No comments: