Monday 18 May 2015

A Victorious Day

HAPPY VICTORIA DAY - this means we get a day off. Hurrah. Last night there were lots of fireworks all around.

We skyped Grandma and Grandad at breakfast and Grandma admitted that she preferred Canadian Apricot Jam (Smuckers) over the jam from UK. Oh dear, is Grandma becoming a hybrid?

After breakfast we went and played tennis at our local court. It was very hot and humid but we managed to play for over an hour and then we gave in at midday and came home.

I decided to get the mower out to cut the grass befriend the forecast storm started but the bloody machine only let me go once round and then misfired, popped and died again. It started enough to get round half way and then died again. I've had enough of the piece of 5h!t and kicked it and left it in the middle of the garden. I will bury it later!

This isn't our grass, but this is what it will look like if it doesn't get cut this week! Weed killers are banned here, subsequently there are many many dandelions here at this time of year. Then they go to seed and those damn seed heads will be blowing up all over the place creating more and more and more dandelions. I offered the boys money for taking the heads off but Small remarked that we used to pay them 1p per flower in UK and now we only give them 1c. He asked for 5c and I said he could have 2c each. I don't think he can be bothered!

After lunch, Small and I went to Suffolk's house. She was having a clear out of her plants in her garden and had some for me to take away. When I got there, there were 15 big heavy slabs to take and then I helped to dig out a whole car boot full (including the back seats folded down). Small went for a walk with her son to the park and I played catch with her youngest daughter while we had a drinks break. I left about two hours later and then Huffle and I put all the plants in our garden which included having to make more room by digging up the grass. It was back breaking and so very hot. I have left all but one slab at Suffolks and will be picking them up a couple at a time each time I visit.

While we were plant taking, Huffle and Smallest planted veg and perennials, repaired the pool pump (Huffle followed a YouTube video of a hillbilly fix) sorted out the pool and had moved the mower to the front gate (I think that will go in the Garage Sale now too). The boys did lots of watering and had another water fight.

Huffle worked hard for the rest of the afternoon/ early evening while I made dinner. We have ordered a new mower and apart from the fact that we don't know when it will be delivered and they added the tax because we forgot to put the correct code in, all is good and we should have a new tractor/mower very soon.

I called the Nursery to see if I was needed for working tomorrow and was asked if I would go to The Royal York on Wednesday but I can't because I have pottery. Damn it!

 

 

No comments: