Tuesday 26 May 2015

Space Invaders

Phew what a hot day today! Though the weather channel said it was 27* it felt more like 37!

Boys went to school, Huffle bunkered (though that's not entirely true. He started on the table in the Lounge, barked at the kids at breakfast, I barked back at him as I felt he was being too tough and by the time I got back from work, he was upstairs in the computer room). Basically, the basement is too cold when we have no heating on as the basement is the coolest place in the house in Summer, but it is freezing down there some days. So now we need to find a place for him where he doesn't get in our way and we don't get in his. Aside from building a purpose built office for him which we can't afford, we are stumped! I did suggest buying a shed and putting him in that but he thinks he'll melt in one! Thinking caps on then.

I went to work and worked in the Potage mainly planting tomatoes, nasturtiums (ooooh there was a lovely pale yellow almost white one - I'm not a fan of annuals but this was perfect, plus they flower all summer long), parsley and broccoli. After our coffee break where we tucked into Lime and Ginger Shortbread OMG delish, we moved a load of Begonias and Pelargoniums from upstairs in the house to the patio. Then we cleaned Mealy Bugs (don't know how to spell that) off two plants that I also can't remember the name of. Today I came home with three bamboo plants, a hanging basket for the school Springfest, two bean plants and four Purple Bean Hyacinth plants (annual climbers but might be interesting).

I had a quick wash and change and then had lunch with Suffolk who had come round so we could make our $10 quilt square. It seems, though, that we were not given enough material to complete our squares and although Suffolk came up with a way that we could make the material work for the pattern, we left a message for MrsSew to call us. She didn't call back and we abandoned it for another day.

Huffle and I planted up the bamboo and were bombarded with a million mosquitoes (I'm quite sure I'm not exaggerating at all). I noticed the pump wasn't working on the pool (despite the fact that it was definitely working first thing) so we attempted to find a solution by checking the Fuse Panel, wires, plug and timer. NOTHING. I called the Pool people and they said they could get someone out to us on June 15th which is three weeks away! I booked it anyway and thought I could always cancel if we found someone else. I also text a few people to see if they could recommend someone. MrBasement said he could have done it himself and is actually coming by tomorrow evening to have a look and he also said he could have had a go at fixing the mower too! He is a Jack of All Trades - I told him to drop by his CV (resume) so I could see what else he could do should we need his services.

It was a mad rush for dinner when the boys came home. Smallest had Swimming Lessons and tonight passed his Level 9 (even quicker than Small did - very proud but worried he will have to give up swimming as he will run out of levels to do). His instructor (MrBean) has lost his record card - I'm a bit annoyed as all his records of achievements are on there plus comments from all his instructors and dates he got the awards Etc. they lost Small's previously too! I took Smallest to his swimming and a woman sat behind me, very close, too close and started talking really loudly to her friend, RIGHT IN MY EAR. I moved away (she knew I moved because of her, probably didn't know why though - BECAUSE YOU ARE RUDE AND YOU INVADED MY SPACE). Towards the end of the lesson, a family of three walked past me and sat in a space that should really have been for two people and they sat down, making me move my stuff. Then the man leaned right over so I couldn't see past him, despite the fact I was leaning so far forward I could have fallen off. I moved yet again. SERIOUSLY PEOPLE - PERSONAL SPACE EH! (That's not really me saying Eh, I'm just mocking the locals).

On the way home the driving of the majority of the cars was ATROCIOUS. I can't stand it, it's driving me crazy. What's the matter with these people? Who gave them driving lessons? Who gave the people giving the lessons their training? c'mon, it's simple. Drive between the lines. Watch the road. Stay on the right (in Canada obviously) and don't sit in a lane that is supposed to be for overtaking, especially if you are going THAT SLOW!

Small had Football practice. He got a goal HURRAH! Huffle said of the game: it was painful, it was lovely weather (he had Happy Mondays in his ear and swore a lot). He was very pleased to see his old bear net his first goal and Small had a lovely big grin on his face. Huffle wrote on Facebook : Canadians know less about football than Arsenal fans. Honestly they really know nothing. It's painful. I'm embarrassed, the swear jar is the only beneficiary.

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

 

No comments: