Thursday 21 May 2015

I'm a soccer Mom!*

I spent all morning in the garden re-doing the path. Originally it was six bricks wide but I took one out from each side so it's thinner. I think it still works, plus it goes further. It was quite a warm one first thing and I worked hard.

I found Huffle working up a tree today, laptop and phone at the bottom of the ladder and him up the top (it could've been lunchtime or break time). It made me laugh. If his phone rings he can still answer it from the ladder and he still gets to chop the tops of those awful cedars. My clever corporate lumberjack.

We had a quick lunch together before he had to get back to work and I had to go out. This afternoon I spent it with ExerciseNic in several garden centre type shops. She wanted to make her garden look nicer. She had drawn pictures of her borders and measured them. Our colour scheme was mainly purple, white and pink but I did persuade her to buy a lovely yellow rudbeckia which I know will flower all summer long. We did really well and only visited two shops but managed to get enough to cover all her spaces. She is going to plant them, I was merely there to guide her what will grow well where. I think it will look nice. I also picked up a few nice plants for our garden.

When the boys came home they were full of sillies but had had good days. It is the school talent show (their piano teacher couldn't persuade them to do anything this year) and the Spring concert but they are doing their football instead tonight.

I made a start on dinner, Huffle went into the loft and started his 3 hour call (he had to have dinner up there whilst on the call as it was all a bit rushed this evening). The boys played on the Wii until dinner.

After dinner Huffle and Smallest went to their football (Hiffle is coaching) and I took Small to his football. They are both in different places.

Small played brilliantly and put on a lot of tackles. His coach was very pleased with him and some of the opposition players were scared of him YEAH!

HUFFLE EDIT: an interesting introduction to coaching, which I did enjoy. Myself and coach Seymour (butt) put the kids through various exercises. Then there was a 30 minute game at the end versus another team. 8-4 win with Smallest bagging two and various assists. Not only did he do well under the watching eyes of the rep team manager he was doing well helping an autistic lad, his mum even thanked Smallest. Good lad.

And no swears (said Smallest) so that's impressive.

 

*I may be a soccer mum (never MOM) but I refuse to stand by the sideline shouting GET TO IT! They know they have to get to the ball, that's why they are playing football. They do not need to hear us shouting it across the pitch. I sat quietly by while inside I was shouting GO ON SMALL, KICK HIM. He knew!

 

 

2 comments:

Sarah Tomson said...

Love your path it looks fab 😃

Huffle sounds like he's doing great at multitasking it also made me laugh the thought of him up the ladder with laptop and phone at the bottom!! Hope he doesn't get his tools and phone mixed up.....could result in a hospital trip!!

Well done boys sounds like you'lre having a great time at football 😃

famfa said...

Thanks Sarah. Huffle and grandad call me mc alpine when I do my path!

I will make sure huffle doesn't get his tools confused ooh err.

Thanks - they love their football and huffle is on s mission to get his team saying football instead of soccer xxx