Sunday 10 May 2015

Morris Minor Injuries

What a very hot, humid, sticky, Happy Mother's Day. We had pancakes for breakfast which was lovely and then I was bestowed with cards and presents galore. I had a lovely array of different perennials for the garden, a Bluejays bracelet from yesterday's winnings, a tree face, some Minion Tic Tacs, a tarpaulin (which gets my most strangest gift award), an IOU for a Lemon Tree, some moustache magnets, a beautiful flower painting (from Smallest) and two fabulous cards. What a lucky Mummy I am. After my coffee cup was topped up, I was sent to the kitchen with my IPad to watch TV while the rest of the household prepared for my Mothers Day Peformance.

I heard lots of movement and whispers and was eventually asked to locate into the bedroom without looking at anything or anybody. A short while later and I was asked to come to the vegetable garden. I was giggling as I made my way because I could see a deck chair set up and a white clad person! All four (Huffle, Small, Smallest, Small and Aunty A) were bearded and dressed in white with red and blue ribbons and bells. I was about to get a Morris Dance. The music was playing 'Postmans Knock' and then the dancing began. It was fabulously choreographed with big smiles on everyone's faces. It was spectacular and I loved it. Huffle edit - the only thing missing was large amounts of real facial hair, flagons of real ale with a thatched pub backdrop but we gave it a decent go.

After everyone had been un-belled and de-ribboned we went on the trampoline. Here we bounced, somersaulted, had lessons on body turning. We played a long game of 'follow my football' and injuries of bruised thumb, bent back fingers, cut finger, squashed knee, bloody nose and football to the head. We gave up on trampolining for a while and came inside to play Alhambra (AA won). Later we played Catan (AA won) and Monopoly Deal (Small won). I had terrible losses but it didn't matter because I won all the games we played last night HAHA HA!

The bigguns mended Smallest's bike and then he had a ride around on it. We did a bit of gardening but only a little bit because it was soooo humid. Huffle skyped Grandma and Grandad while the rest of us played.

Smallest has a touch of conjunctivitis now and AA bathed his eyes for him. Small has been in a terrible mood all day and we don't know why.

Tomorrow there is a Teachers Strike but it does not as yet affect the boys going to school. If Smallest is no better tomorrow (poor thing has a crusty runny nose, crusty running eye, puffed up eyes and a cough like a seal) I will be taking him to the doctors. Huffle is feeling a bit better as his cold appears to be out now. I have a bit of an upset tummy but that could be the heat and AA now has a red cauliflower shaped ear (due to being hit with a heavy football).

Everyone had showers, the boys played on their tablets and AA made two risottos for tea.

The risotto was a huge success. Thank you AA.
The garden is looking beautiful at the moment. Everything is coming into bloom. Even the Trilliums managed it flower for my special day.

 

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL MOTHERS THIS SIDE OF THE POND (and Oz).

 

 

 

No comments: