Thursday 28 May 2015

Did you play for England?

A bright and sunshiny day (we didn't get any storms as far as I recall yesterday). Huffle stayed at home and waited for the arrival of the mower which should have arrived between 9am and 11am but in reality was delivered at 4pm. Not too late then!

My mid morning walk was cancelled so I went to Suffolk's instead and we got on with our sewing as she picked up some more material yesterday. Our day was spent talking, drinking tea, cutting material, sewing, talking, drinking tea and having lunch. A nice day.

Huffle put up a couple of trellis panels today (but didn't paint them Grandad) up at the pool to help with privacy now there are no trees or thick ivy there.

The boys were already home when I got back and had done or were doing their chore before gadget time. I made dinner, the mower arrived and Huffle found out how it all worked. He was hoping they would bring it with petrol in but no such luck so we will have to wait to have a go.

Both boys had football this evening. We always say "make sure you have everything and everything is ready for us to just go before you play on gadgets". Of course they always say they have everything sorted. Why do I always believe them? Small couldn't find a football top the right colour because he put it in the laundry basket and I had just washed it (but it wasn't dry), Smallest couldn't find his shin pads or his boots (because they were in Huffle's coaching bag), neither had got a drink sorted or put sun cream on. Goodness, what a palaver!

Eventually Huffle had Smallest went off for their game and Small and I went off for ours (I say ours but I just sat in a chair and watched quietly by the sideline). Only today I wasn't so quiet. The coach didn't listen to Small when he said he wanted to play in defence and put him in goal for half a game. This is not normal, as they rotate the team regularly. Small was not at all pleased though he did make some lovely saves (despite the fact they never gave him any gloves). Then after the first half, the coach put him on as a Forward (not a great move as Small does not run well). He asked again if he could be defence and finally the coach let him but only for a couple of minutes and then subbed him. When he went back on again it was just minute from the final whistle. They are supposed to be balancing the teams but it doesn't look like they are moving anyone. I had a chat with one of the Dads who told me he played for ten years Provincial (I had to ask what that meant - basically one under playing for Canada). I told him I played a bit too. He said "in Europe?" I told him in England and he said "oh did you play for England?". Oh no, I don't think so! Small said I should have said Yes of course for England.

Smallest and Huffle had an interesting time too. HUFFLE EDIT:

Another win, 4-3 this time, two more goals for smallest including the winner. However, the game was not without incident. After taking the lead one of the opposition team crunched smallest, i brought him off to look at the injury and give him a rest. I told him the number of the opposition and that he was making out that he had hurt his teeth on Smallest (or using it as a reason not to apologize for the bad tackle). Smallest comes on and scores past this toothy fool. I don't condone what happened next but it made me laugh, he runs up to toothy right in his face while holding his teeth. Toothy didn't like this so apparently calls smallest an Indian idiot, clearly not the brightest was out toothy. The game goes on with obvious words continually being 'had'. Into the last minute and smallest nets the winner and more taunting, against my own amusement I told smallest to stop. Full time and toothy is a grumpy loser. The teams normally shake hands in a very false friendly way, I inform smallest to shake toothys hand, he offers it and toothy denies it. LOSER!!!!!!!!!

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thr football bit is so funny, can just imagine all the hassle. Keep up the good work. X