Saturday 2 May 2015

Coach Butts (Seymour)

I had a text from Aunty A to say she had checked in and would be packing shortly. That's when I realised she was going to be here tomorrow. Oh my goodness, I rushed around making her bed, swept the floor, dusted the loft and made everything nice up there.

Smallest struggled during the night with itchy and puffy eyes. We think it's from Tree Pollen and the one that seems worse at the moment is Ash. I have no idea whether we have an Ash Tree in our garden but it was windy yesterday so I guess it could have travelled a fair way. I too woke up with itchy eyes. We either need to stay indoors or take antihistamines. The internet suggests I take him to the docs but I will see how bad it gets as he doesn't seem to suffer everyday. Plus the doctor will most likely prescribe over the counter remedies anyway.

Huffle left us for the morning in order to go for his Coaching training for the upcoming football season. He is going to be coaching Smallest's team on a Thursday. Unfortunately I won't get to see him coach or Smallest play as I have to take Small to his football in a different location at the same time. Shame. The football doesn't start for three weeks. Huffle says he is most looking forward to teaching the Canadian kids some proper football.

After breakfast the kids played on their tablets while I tidied, mopped, cleaned the bathrooms and did some washing. Living the dream!

The boys and I went on the trampoline and played with the skipping rope and football, whilst bouncing. Huffle came home with a big bag full of footballs and cones or pylons as they call them plus a box full of shirts, shorts and socks for his team.

After lunch Huffle tested some of the skills on the boys and then they played football while I sunned myself. It was a fabulous day today. Very warm and sunny. In the afternoon, Smallest went and played with his friend in the Hamlet and we all cycled to his house to drop him off. He stayed there for three hours. Small, Huffle and I cycled a bit more and came home to play Settlers of Catan in the garden where we found some shade.

Huffle got the mower filled with petrol and the battery on while Small and I trampolined again and then I started the mower and mowed the back garden. It was slow and a bit 'poppy' and smokey but it cut well. The first cut of the season, let's hope the mower keeps going and we can keep using it this year.

We did a spot of watering and tidying and then I picked up Smallest and his bike and we all went out for dinner. Tonight we tried a new Burger place that has a good reputation but we haven't been there before. They even did a proper Veggie Burger for me made of chick peas and vegetables. We had to wait about 25 minutes for it but we watched a bit of baseball while we waited and got to chat to The Royals Grandson and his Mum. The burgers were excellent and worth the wait. Not really a place to sit in and eat though you can if you want.

We came home and Smallest went straight to bed. His poor eyes are really struggling with this allergy of his. He had medicine in the night when he woke up and some more this morning (he is only supposed to have one dose per day!), I also put some eye drops in his eyes which helped a little and some Vicks on his chest because his nose is blocked. He has gone to bed with a cold wet flannel over his eyes and he is slightly propped up to stop the swelling. If it doesn't get better I suppose he will have to go to the doctors.

Huffle and Small watched the Stoke match before bed.

 

 

No comments: