Monday 25 May 2015

Winter out, Summer in.

I finally had an appointment today to get my Winter Tyres swapped with my Summer Tyres. It's a bit late but I don't suppose it matters too much. I walked home from the garage after dropping my car off once the boys had gone to school. It was a warm humid day (but it did rain during the night and a little bit today which was refreshing).

Because I never had my car, I had to stay at home which made me do all those little jobs I never really get round to doing. I had a really long FaceTime with Moo (until nearly 11am) and we had a good catch up. The rest of the morning I spent washing, drying, sorting washing, putting away washing and clearing out all my Winter things. I watched Home Fires while I did it so I wasn't too bored. I also swept, dusted and partly mopped.

Huffle and I had lunch together and then we did a bit of gardening before he carried on with work. I cleared lots of paperwork and tidied away things that didn't belong where it was left. I walked back to get my car only to be told that there was hardly any oil in my car (why didn't the light come on then!) and the stuff they did get out was very black. My antifreeze was empty and my tyres were worn out. Oh Dear! I had the Summer ones put on but they will need to be changed soon preferably before we go away (if we do go away this Summer, as we have left it a bit late).

The boys came home and I made dinner while they played on their gadgets till Piano. Both boys are doing very well and doing very hard pieces at the moment. (MrsPiano told Smallest he had to Skype Grandma whilst playing his as she felt she would appreciate it). We had a bit of a disaster as Smallest had an 'accident' right at the end of his lesson. MrsPiano asked if he was nervous bless him, I think he was just holding it thinking he would be finished soon enough and it all got too much for him, he was very upset and embarrassed. Silly Billy.

After dinner of Macaroni Cheese, Corn on the Cob, Salad and Chicken for the Smallest and Biggest, (I know it sounds an odd combination but it actually worked) we all went off to play tennis (not Small, he went to Scouts instead). We played for an hour. It started off really sunny and then became really windy which made it hard to send the ball in the right direction. I'm sure Smallest won though as he said he had the best team when he was on his own against Huffle and I.

Small came home from Scouts with news that he is now not going to the Cuboree as planned next weekend, but instead going on a camp with just the Scouts in a couple of weekends time in between here and Ottowa (much better for him s some of the Cubs are still quite little). The big news is that one of the leaders and his son went once and a bear ate all their bacon. Arrrrgggghhhhhh!

 

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely pics, nice blog til I got to the end. Omg buy him a gun! X