Saturday 30 May 2015

Not a Ninja!

Both Huffle and I woke up feeling very groggy, tired and with headaches. The pressure was quite high though and storms were on the way.

We had a pancake breakfast which everyone helped to get ready and then we headed off on our bikes, all four of us, ringing our bells as we went, to the centre of the Hamlet for the Garden Club Plant Sale. We were quite disappointed as the plants didn't look great and there was nothing there we hadn't already got. However I did persuade Huffle to buy us a Pond that they were selling. Obviously we couldn't get it back on our bikes so we left it to pick up later. The ladies said we could either get cheap fish that will die in Winter (if we have no heart) or we could borrow a couple of fish from someone with a bigger pond or we could get a small pump to keep the mosquitoes from breeding in it. We decided to think about it for a while and maybe wait for Grandad's input as we are still not sure where to put it. Smallest is most excited that we might get frogs though.

We then rode our bikes to the other end of the Hamlet in order to get to our resident Artist and neighbour who had an Art Show on. She is really talented but her work is so expensive and we can't afford it, but each year we buy one of her $10 cards and frame it ourselves. This is our fourth purchase. One day we will buy one of her big works of art. I have my eye on a big pig. Today we bought a Rabbit one.

I drove to get the pond and was given a little Muscari plant by one the ladies - aww that was nice. We had an ice cream on the porch and then the boys went off and played FIFA on the Wii and IPad and I went upstairs and did some sewing of my $10 Quilt square that I didn't finish the other day (I still haven't finished it as I got disturbed by lunch). We had thunder and lightning, a very heavy rainfall and a short power cut.

I can't decide how I'm going to sew it together.

After lunch Small decided he wanted to earn some money as he is going to Canada's Wonderland (a nearby theme park) with the school band (he is in the tech team). He cleared the table for us and walked to the general store to post a letter for me. Smallest desperately wanted to go with him but we didn't let him as we didn't trust them together (poor Smallest). After a short while it got really dark and then it started to thunder and rain so Huffle went and picked him up. He hadn't even noticed but he had got the stamp and posted the letter.

We all played Settlers of Catan (Huffle won) and while Small cleaned the Sun Room (more money earned) Smallest, Huffle and I played Junior Monopoly. Smallest and I then made some bird houses and painted them. We had more rain and more thunder and lightning.

We watched the final of Ninja Warrior UK and were most disappointed to find that no-one won. WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THAT THEN? What a waste of watching! We watched a bit of Britains got Talent just for amusement bestie the boys went to bed.

 

1 comment:

Sarah Tomson said...

Sounds like a good day (apart from the weather!)

I like the top right quilt pattern the best �� although am sure it'll look fab whatever you decide....I'd of long given up by now! x