Saturday 23 May 2015

Whimpering Hot Dog

We had an early start to the day due to the fact that Smallest had to be at his Beaveree (30 mins drive away) at 9am and I had to be at my $10 quilt class at 9:30 (luckily in the same City as Beaveree). I took my breakfast and coffee with me as I didn't have time before we left. Smallest was in a mood because I told him to put sun cream on and his trousers were too thick, plus I asked him to take a hat. He was annoyed because he was completely covered with his fleece (including hood) and didn't understand why he needed a hat, plus the sun wasn't fully out so he felt he didn't sun cream. His shoes needed a double knot too which made him grumpy! I said he could sort his clothes out in the car which he found hard work and in fact ended up with his seat belt threaded through his clothes (something else to annoy him). I was happy to leave him with his Beaver Leader who said they had plenty of sun cram and drinks (it was a lady so I felt like she would be more responsible as she was a mum of two). She also offered to bring him home which was a big help. However, when she did bring him home she left him on our drive and didn't check we were in (I was not happy, apparently she said because both of our cars were on the drive, we must be in - what if we had all gone for a walk?). I feel like I want to complain as he was her responsibility but she was doing it as a favour to us. I'm not sure where I stand really except that this is the third time this has happened in 3.5 years and two of those have been with Cubs/Beavers! Not impressed at all. Thank goodness our kids have a bit of sense and don't just go wandering off on their own! Okay rant over (for now).

I got to sewing far too early so I sat in my car and ate my cold breakfast. When it got to 9:35am I thought I better try the door even though I hadn't seen anyone going in and it looked really dark inside (I was convinced I had the wrong day). It was open and they were waiting for me, whoops. Today we learnt the Thangles Tulip technique which looks complicated but Suffolk is coming over next week to help me.

I came home and Huffle, Small and I went off to the local (a few villages away) Spring Fair. We like this one because it is in a lovely small old village. There is a walk down to the river where there are various things to see and do on the way (though there is considerably less things each year it seems). We looked at books, an art exhibition and a bake sale and chatted to a lady who makes her own Maple Syrup (which we later purchased).

We watched the sheep being sheared and chatted to one of our lovely neighbours whilst looking at the chicks. The games were on too late for us to enter Small into so we just wandered around looking at the plant sale (always over priced) and Huffle bought me some jewellery for Christmas (which he will squirrel away so I forget about it). We wandered back up the hill and had lunch by the church. For just $5 each we got two postage stamp sized sandwiches (why do they take the crusts off?), a small homemade cake, a cookie and a tea or coffee. We sat in the sunshine on the grass and were bothered by a sausage dog. Poor dog had no-one to play with, he was tied to a tree and was being ignored and he sat there whining.

Huffle drove us to our nearby town and we had an ice cream and a visit to the DeadMan shop where Huffle picked up two Books for me (Christmas again) and a top for himself.

We visited a garden centre on the way home but it was too expensive so we noted the plants we wanted for when they have their huge sale at he end of the season.

Back home we played a game of Catan which was a very close game but I won in the end HURRAH. Smallest came home (as above) and played in the garden with an ice pole. He had enjoyed his day. Small filled the bird feeders (as a chore to get Tablet time) and complained when I asked him to clear up the mess he had left (there were bird nuts everywhere). I figured if I asked him to clear them (which he had big problems doing) he might make less mess next time. You never know!

We had jacket potatoes for tea and we watched some more Ninja Warrior and then I had to go out again for a School Springfest meeting which I was not looking forward to at all so I decided to walk there and have a glass of wine beforehand. Despite the fact that the people were nice, I really didn't need to be there. It is not how I like to spend my Saturday night, listening to people talk over each other.

Three interesting things seen today. A person dressed as a bear advertising a hair cut place. A licence plate. Two policemen on ATV's waving.

 

No comments: