Sunday 24 May 2015

"You're a small Gentleman"*

We had another early start to our day because Smallest and I went to a 'Mother and Daughter Pottery Class'. Shhhh don't tell Smallest - they actually named it wrong and in future it will be called something less gender specific. We were at our class by 9:30am. There was a full table and their was little room for creating. We had the same teacher that I have on Wednesdays and she showed us all how to make a Frog Planter. I didn't realise we would be making a planter each but that was quite good because it meant I let Smallest just get on with it (with a tiny bit of help from me and the teacher). At one point one of his legs fell off and an eye wobbled a bit but all in all I think he did really well. He even made a lily pad for his frog to sit on. We get to glaze them next week. He enjoyed it a lot but didn't realise how difficult it would be.

This is Smallest's 'Charlie' frog. (The paper in the mouth is to keep it apart whilst drying).

........ And this is my 'Farquar' frog.

Huffle and Small went off and played golf at the golf club where we sledge in the Winter. Apparently he got to drive the golf buggy until he nearly crashed into a tree and then Huffle took it off him! He played well and there was a festival on at the same time so they played with a musical accompaniment.

We all went out for dinner and watched a bit of the Blue Jays on the big screens. A woman walked past the window and picked her dog up and put it in her handbag. Huffle was appalled. *Small asked for the children's menu and Smallest looked at him and said "you're a small gentleman Small". That seemed a very funny thing to come from an eight year old.

When we got home (it was very hot today) we sat by the pool and dangled our feet in (it's a wee bit cool in there at the moment). We all sat with our gadgets, me blogging, the boys playing and Huffle skyping Grandma, Grandad and Madamme Courvoissier. There was a lot of silly chatter today!

The garden is looking beautiful and there are many flowers blooming.

Baneberry, Virginian Bluebells, Tulip, Ligularia, Aubretia (I think), Anenome Seedhead
Daffodils, Phlox, Wild Violet, Jacobs Ladder, Allium (nearly out).
The veg patch suffered a little due to some overnight frost. We lost a couple of beans and some squash (never sew a hot veg until May 24 is out, or something like that!).
The new mower should arrive Thursday. Look at all those naughty dandelions!

Grandma's lavender on the left and the new one I just planted on the right. These sit on the porch and look lovely. They must help with the mosquitoes too though I haven't noticed yet.

We each had a minor injury today. Huffle got a twig in his eye at the golf. I fell up the stairs this morning. Small crashed the golf buggy and Smallest had a splinter.

Early evening, while the boys were watching Stoke beat Liverpool (Huffle edit 6-1 easy easy, go home scousers), I went and visited The Royals. I noticed them in the garden and went to see what was occurring. I half wished I hadn't as I got such an ear bashing from them about cutting the trees down in their field, despite the fact that Mrs Royal said I could cut down anything I liked as they never go in there. There were a bit upset that Huffle had left it in a mess even though I felt he had tidied it really well and moved all the cut down bits (that we didn't manage to pull over the fence and burn) towards the fence. All the trees we did cut down were diseased or just hawthorn type things anyway. I think they just wanted a bit of a rant because once we had a glass of wine (or G&T) in our hands, everything was fine. We had a good chat about local people, new Presidents, hairdressers, family and gardens. I was there for ages apparently (I thought I was only gone for about an hour but Huffle said they watched football, played football, had their showers and I still wasn't back - Whoops. I need to send Huffle round there next so he can get his ear chewed off about the trees. It seems they may be nicer to him as he owns a chain saw which might be useful to them. Also PrinceRoyal was there and I showed him a photo of Aunty A (he wants to know when she is coming back). Oooooooohhhhhhh.

 

 

2 comments:

AA said...

Did you show him one of my trampoline moves? I do have some skills...

So pleased that Smallest has also had the chance to smoose his molecules...

xxx

famfa said...

I showed him the one where you in mid air on the trampoline of course.

Me too, he thoroughly enjoyed it x