Wednesday 6 May 2015

Fishy Business

The bad hayfever seems to have ceased, at least for today, so Smallest now only has to contend with a cold and sore throat. Huffle now has a sore throat too. Oh dear!

It was a beautiful scorcher of day today and after the boys went to school, Aunty A and I went to Aerobics and had a laugh (and exercised too obviously). We drove there and AA ran back (such a show off). We had our breakfast and showers and then made a lunch to take away with us.

Pottery was this afternoon and I managed to secure AA two pottery sessions and I'm glad I did because it was fun having her there. Today's masterpiece was a Fish Dish to showcase our fishy delights on. There were two projects, one for beginners which was a simple Fish Dish and the other was for returning students where we had a kind of template but were asked to use our imagination. As AA will not be here to glaze or take home her wares, she made one and I made the other. If she decides she loves it, I will save it for her but if not she may donate it to one of the boys.

AA's amazing fish

mine - I was disappointed with the tail but I couldn't do what I wanted as its tail would have probably fallen off!

We messed about with textures including some fabulous bubble wrap, which when pressed into the clay with a rolling pin, made great sounds and a great texture. We were pleased with our fishes.

Our late lunch was eaten sat by a stream before we came home, sat on the porch and played Monopoly Millionaire. The boys came home and Smallest joined us for a game.

AA and I made meatballs and beetballs for dinner.

Just to be clear, I was standing over the top of AA and she has a huge bowl and a proper grown up arm!

After dinner, AA and I took Small to his basketball practice. At the end the parents played against the kids. I wasn't wearing appropriate footwear but I played nonetheless while AA was chief photographer (unfortunately). Apparently I took out a few of the kids but I didn't mean to. We lost, the kids won. It was much fun.

 

No comments: