Wednesday 27 May 2015

Craft Swapping

Today was another hot and sticky day. So why would I choose to go to aerobics? Because it is a lot of fun and ExerciseNic said it was more beneficial because we sweat more. However, she did let us off a bit on our cardio workout this morning and we got to do much more floor work. Still hard though as there seemed to be no air anywhere. When Aunty A was aerobicing with me, she said of one of the ladies, "she smelt really nice and then I remembered I hadn't put any deodorant on". Today the same lady said "I wish your friend was here because I smell awful".

At home I showered and then walked around the garden with Huffle so he could plant some Sunflowers where I wanted them. I had lunch and watched Love It or List It with Kirsty and Phil (Moo suggested it and I really like it). Then I went off to pottery where I made a big candle holder. It was a lot of fun today. I really like the group we have at the moment. I have swapped numbers with one of the girls and I am going to teach her knitting and she is going to teach me Stain Glass work. Exciting. Another of the girls has just been bought a kiln so we can do pottery at her house. Now that too is exciting. I have a dilemma now with pottery. Next Wednesday is my last session where I get to glaze all my (and AA's) pots but I have also been asked to garden at The Royak York. There is no other session I can join to glaze but the other girls at pottery say they will glaze my pots if I tell them what colours I want. I really want to glaze them myself (not that I don't trust them just because I have paid for it and it is part of the whole process) but I love the Royal York Rooftop. Arrrrggghhhhhh. I need to sleep on it and see what I should do.

I came home, Huffle was working and watching the Blue Jays game in the background, the boys came home and we all had an ice cream. It was still very warm but at least there was a significant breeze. There was storm forecast but it didn't arrive before I published this post.

We had no after school clubs or events so there was no rushing about. MrBasement came round and had a look at our pool pump for us. He got it running almost straight away and then found a small leak in a hose and mended that too. Because we had asked him to do some work for us on the bunker and bathroom floors and the kitchen tops, he was worried our money was fast disappearing so he wanted to help us out to look after his work money for later. He is a useful man to know. He even offered to have a look at our mower but the new one arrives tomorrow and he's already told us to use Premium Petrol rather than Regular petrol in our new one.

Huffle and I made dinner, the boys played on their gadgets after doing a chore and then we all ate. After dinner the boys practised their piano and we waited for the rain and the storm as it was getting darker and darker and the pressure was intense. It was also quite blustery but the temperature didn't drop from 27* until much later.

After dinner we all sat on the porch to get some air and then played Settlers of Catan - Smallest won!

We left the kids watching TV and getting ready for bed while we vacuumed the pool, backwashed and rinsed the pump and put the necessary chemicals in and then quickly watered the garden. TIRED NOW.

 

No comments: