Friday 22 May 2015

Scab Wars*

It was a funny day weather-wise. The sun was out all day but it was really windy and quite cool. Even though the boys went to school in shorts, they stood shivering (NO WE DONT NEED A FLEECE MUMMY) outside waiting for the bus.

Huffle didn't sleep too well. Too much on his mind re.work and the lateness of his last call.

I went out this morning and returned the pallet (skid) back to the DIY place. First, walk in shop and wait for available assistant, only to be told to drive to the back door and find someone to take the pallet out of your car (due to the fact I already had one splinter from loading it in in the first place). Wait for ages for someone to notice you (why am I still so British, why not just shout HERE GET THIS PALLETT, I HAVE KNITTING TO DO!), and then wait while they fill out a form to give you a refund. Sign the form and drive round to the front of the building, park, go in and wait again for an available assistant to put all the paperwork through the tills, give them your credit card and finally get a refund of $30. $30 for a small pallett - was it worth it. Even the man taking it out of my car wondered why we had been charged for it in the first place.

I did my food shop and then carried on to knitting where I met two new people, one Irish (been here for forty years) and a Canadian. I only had an hour there but I managed to get plenty of sock done and a good cup of coffee.

At home, I had lunch with Huffle. Today the Work network died which meant he had to abandon work briefly. This gave him the opportunity to take down a piece of trellis and replace it with the new trellis and then paint it. He did a lovely job though I have some issues with it due to the fact it has some tacks sticking out of it and it is next to the pool, but we will sort something out. We had lunch and then he disappeared upstairs to carry on working.

I was so cold in the house that I went for a brisk walk in the Hamlet. In the sun it was lovely but that wind - brrrrrrr. I noticed one of our neighbours sitting outside on a chair reading a book under a tree wearing a coat with a hood (dare I say he is British).

I poddled around at home doing little jobs in and outside and then made dinner when the boys came home. Small had had Track and Field and came fourth in ShotPut (no ribbons for 4th) and received two ENTHUSIASM ribbons. They played on the Wii until dinner which we ate whilst watching the last Star Wars. Now we have to wait till the film comes out for the next one. Hurry up Smallest and finish reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban so we can watch that film again.

Whilst watching the film, Small lay on the sofa next to me and Smallest sat on my lap with his head resting on Small's legs, all of us encased in a lovely warm blanket. When Smallest got up, his big scab off his elbow was missing. We searched high and low for it and finally found it stuck to my leg! I asked Smallest to remove it and put in in the bin but he ran around trying to touch us with it. He tried to get Small to eat it and told him it was ham. Horrible boy!

The silly boy put himself in the laundry basket and asked for the lid to be closed!

 

 

No comments: