Thursday 14 May 2015

Morris Men Take 2

What a quiet house without Aunty A singing. I particularly missed her this morning when I had to empty the dishwasher by myself (that was her chore). She got home safe and sound but was very tired and went straight to bed, only to get up four hours later (damn jet lag).

I had a slow morning after the kids went to school and caught up with a bit of TV with my breakfast. Huffle was too cold in the bunker so he moved into the computer room/library/under loft. I went into the garden and carried on with my path and dug over the soil until it hurt my shoulder and I stopped. Huffle spoke to our TV people and finally got the channels back that have been missing for days now HURRAH!

The side bit we are transforming. My path is to the right.

Huffle and I had lunch and then I got the mower out and started cutting the grass but the mower died on me before I even got down to the bottom of the garden. Huffle managed to get it going again and it chuffed and puffed its way away around the grass with a flat tyre on one side. Poor old thing! I almost finished and it stopped again so I left it and came inside to get ready to go shopping.

I did the food shop and came home. The mower had run out of petrol, Huffle had filled it and much later I finished off the bits I missed.

I started on dinner and the boys came home. Small was supposed to be going to someone's house to video aMorris Dance that he and four of his class mates were doing but instead they wanted to come to our house. The first boy turned up at 4 O'Clock and Small and Smallest played football with him and played on the trampoline together. The second one turned up about an hour later. We had to call the third one because he had forgotten. The forth one called me and asked if I would bring him home (bit cheeky), I could hear his mum in the background saying he could stay till 7:30pm but someone would have to bring him back. I said no as we hadn't eaten dinner and I thought it was rude! In the end his mum brought him and sat on our drive in her car till he had finished. she didn't even get out of the car to speak to me and I was in the front garden watering. How Rude!

Huffle got them some Morris Dance music and I videoed them. Smallest had to do it with them to make up the sixth person. They all did very well and finished their video with some Bloopers. Smallest fell over and grazed his elbow and knee and came inside for some medical assistance. Everyone went home and we ate dinner.

I checked in Smallest's bag tonight and found four water bottles, four fleeces, a glove and a pile of papers I should have seen weeks ago. It was an absolute mess and a disgrace. He spent some time sorting things. I can't believe he got an award for Organisation. We are now going to have a weekly bag sort!!

 

 

1 comment:

AA said...

I did wonder what was in that massive bag!!

xxx