Sunday 9 August 2015

A wish went up my shorts

It is unacceptable to be making loud rock banging noises at 7am on a Sunday morning. There, that's got that off my chest! Huffle got up to investigate and as I lay snuggled in my bed I had a visions of him strutting up the road in his fleecy Union Jack bottoms fiercely looking for the culprits. In reality he probably just opened the door and peered out and then grumpily made himself a chamomile tea. Grrrrrrrr big strong bear that he is!

Our morning was spent harvesting carrots before MrBunny eats them all, investigating why the pool pump had gone off which included Huffle opening the pump cover, seeing a large flash and smoke coming from it. We were advised by MrBasement to turn it off and leave it alone until he could visit tomorrow.

The three boys watched Stoke lose in their first match (Leicester City won yesterday by the way - just saying and I was pleased to hear that the team come out to Kasabian Fire - brilliant. That makes me very happy). Leicester City were (first thing this morning here) at the top of the table. Wahoooo. Stoke is probably at the bottom! While everyone was watching football, I went and did a bit of sewing on my quilt which has sat in a sad crumpled heap of months. I sewed the back pieces together and then attempted to glue the front patchwork to the batting and not the batting to the back. This was an impossible task and I tried really hard before I sent out a distress message to Suffolk who has offered to come and help next week.

In the afternoon we went to an Upmarket Garage Sale shop which was just a house clearance shop but Huffle had seen some shelves in there and we wanted some for Small's room. It was a 40 minute drive into Oshawa and the shelves were perfect. We agreed for them to be delivered tomorrow and went for something to eat. We then made our way to the lake where the boys went straight into the water despite the fact it was freezing in there. They collected big rocks and bought them to me like silly puppies while Huffle skimmed stones and I sat and watched them.

We moved to the Splash pad where it was slightly cooler.

Very hot in the sun today and Smallest got a bit burnt on his face yesterday during football. He hasn't been without his hat today and has plenty of sun cream on. We came home, started to take everything off Small's shelves in preparation for his new ones arriving (thinking we had at least an hour before we had to get Smallest to his football practice but we had an email that said it was earlier than originally planned) but we managed to empty the shelves and get them out of his room. The reason we wanted new shelves was because we brought them with us from England and when I decorated Small's room ages ago, they feel apart and almost concertina'd in on themselves. I glued them and I thought if they were ever moved again they would completely collapse. However I must have done a good job with the glue because they are solid. Now I have to see if I can make space for them in Smallest's room.

Off we all went to football practice. It was a beautiful evening, still hot but slightly breezy. Perfect for blogging and a bit of football for Small and Huffle. Smallest was called a 'beast' and an 'animal' tonight. He was on fire!

 

 

No comments: