Tuesday 4 August 2015

Angry Poirot Bird

I had a terrible nights sleep last night. It was so hot and I had to get up to put the ceiling fan on and then it became so windy outside that the blinds were clanging so I had to get up again to close the windows and then I was tossing and turning all night. Arrrgghhhh. Typical as I had to get up this morning to go to work.

The boys came with me again today and we cleared the veggie garden, harvesting Courgette, Beans, Strawberries, Leeks, Potatoes and Cucumber and cutting down the lettuce and deadheading flowers. The boys garden is growing nicely and the squash plants are getting big now.

Bee, Aunty A's Leeks, Strawberry picking, Leek Cutting, Potato Harvesting
The boys garden, leeks, smallest and his leek hair, the boys working hard

We had Blondies for coffee break (Brownies without the chocolate and flour, but with white, Dark and Milk chocolate bits inside - so good we had to have two). We did some general weeding and the boys had a good run around the garden. They both got paid today so they were very pleased.

TL photo to remind me what to look for when Echinaceas get Aster Yellow disease, a grasshopper, Smallest forgo his money and had to go back

Lunch was eaten at home on the porch for Huffle and I watching Joanna Lumleys Trans Siberia Train Journey (she is funny and such a good presenter) and the boys watching their TV. I left them all at home to pick up some stuff from the supermarket and the paint shop. I bought paint for my bathroom and primer and paint for the kitchen cupboards. We have decided to keep the cupboards and repaint them and a company is coming to quote for the granite tomorrow evening. I primed the cupboard and drawer I sanded at the weekend and then started painting my bathroom. It is in a Chelsea Grey - quite dark and matt but I love it. It reminds me of the beautiful hotel we stayed in in Montreal. Now we just need one of those huge baths.

This evening we all went off to watch Small's football game. The pressure was on as it was against his friends team and the coach that Huffle shouted at last time they played. Small's team lost 8-5 and Huffle was very animated (though he said he didn't swear, Smallest and I weren't sure about that!) throughout the whole game and gave the ref some much needed abuse as well as most of the players (ours and theirs). It was very entertaining though.

The sunset was beautiful tonight and I told Huffle our next house needs to be in full view of the Sunset, Sunrise, Mountains and Lake - he thinks I'm being unreasonable but a girl can dream.

 

 

No comments: