Friday 14 August 2015

Muggy mugs

Everyone slept in despite the loud noises coming from a neighbours house sounding like guns shooting!

Huffle worked and the boys and I were really lazy. We played a game of Carcasonne after a late breakfast, followed by Pass The Pigs. The boys played and read while I tidied up and did some washing and then Small walked to his friends house (1.5km away and back) and Smallest and I went for a short bike ride, meeting up with Small on his way home.

After a late lunch, the kids played on their tablets and I sewed. Well really I mainly undid and got warmer and warmer. It was such a strange weather day today. It was cloudy and rainy first thing, then the sun came out but it was still cloudy and then it got hotter and stickier and we had a few rumbles of thunder. It threatened rain but none came in the afternoon. It waited until the evening when it rained heavily and then there was thunder and lightning.

I'm having big problems with the quilting process as my machine is not big enough to let me get the material in to maneuver it freely. I have undone the above rubbish! I'm going to make a smaller one for Smallest and practice on that first.

The boys and I went in the pool to cool off, the water was about 22* and really cold but it was nice to get instantly cool and it wasn't too bad once you were in. Huffle joined us when he finished work but then we had to get out because we heard thunder. We made and ate dinner and then Small, Huffle and I played Catan (Small won) and Smallest watched TV.

A big splash from Small. Smallest said it was too cold to get in but when we started humming the Jaws tune he soon got in without our help.

Small relaxing and reading and Smallest still perched on the ring. While Small was in the shower, Smallest sneaked in and stole his clothes and put them all on top of his own.

 

I wish it would cool down. Forecasts say it will be 30 and 31 this weekend.

Today one of my photos was chosen for a featured spot. Very pleased though not one of my favourites.

 

 

 

No comments: