Monday 17 August 2015

Laurel and Flardy and the King Fling*

We live quite close to the slow loud train that travels far and wide (not a domestic train, just a freight train). This morning it came through the Hamlet at the ridiculous time of 7:30am. So very loud and for so long. No time to get back to sleep. It comes through the Hamlet and then across the road several times so you can hear the loud honk for miles away. At times it is a nice reassuring honk but at stupid times when I should be sleeping - it is very annoying.

The boys and I had a slow late breakfast and then went grocery shopping. We stopped in Walmart (Asda) first, not my favourite shop but sometimes needs must. We were looking for diving rings or sticks for the kids to play in the pool with. I had an allergic runny eye and was desperately looking for tissues so left the kids in the toy department and told them to stay put. When I got back, dabbing my eyes and carrying a box of tissues, the boys had disappeared. I shouted them but they couldn't hear me. A lovely woman asked if I was okay (I think she thought I was crying). I went towards the cash desks and an assistant put a call out for them. "Could Small and Smallest please come to the front desks". It was then that I saw two giggling boys walking towards me. Smallest had just pressed a button that said Camera and then the announcement came on, he thought he was in big trouble!

Another shop failed to have diving stuff so we left and did the weekly shop. Small is struggling to walk on his cut toes (goodness knows what he has done. One of them looks a little better and he has soaked and moisterised them today), so he just did little errands and Smallest went looking for stuff, which he couldn't find tand Small got them anyway. I didn't lose them in the supermarket though.

We came home, ate lunch and went in the pool. The water was 26* again despite the fact we filled it with freezing cold water last night. We played water volleyball and I read in the shade and Facetimed Moo who told us her temperature was 18* (I think ours got to 32* today). Huffle came in briefly to cool down and then the boys went in to play on their tablets inside. I sat and read for a while longer and then went in and made dinner.

Tonight we had omelette with veggies picked from the garden and multicoloured new potatoes. *The boys were asked to clear the table after dinner and in their silliness, Huffle called them Laurel and Hardy. They didn't know who they were but guessed they were silly billies. We told them they were top scientists and had invented something amazing. They weren't convinced. We also asked them to cover the leftover vegetables with cling film. Smallest looked puzzled and asked where we kept the King Fling!!!

After dinner we were all so hot we jumped in the pool and played until about 7:30pm. Now Smallest has got the same cuts on his feet. Very strange!! Showers, TV, porch time, more TV and bed - at least it cooled down a bit this evening.

No early wake ups please (though the kids and I are at work so I suppose it doesn't matter too much).

 

 

No comments: