Thursday 27 August 2015

Not a seagull or an eagle

It has gone decidedly cooler. At times today it was only 18* and yet when I got into my car lTe afternoon it was 29* (I don't think that was right somehow) - I even put my jeans back on, though my shorts are still in grabbing distance as I know there is warmer weather on the horizon.

Huffle and I cleaned the pool first thing this morning (he actually got in despite the fact it was very cool in there as it is easier to clean in being in there). I did some work on the side garden adding another few rows of path but I have run out of Lime Screen now so I'm stuck. The boys decorated their gingerbread biscuits, I did some weeding and at lunchtime Huffle cut the hedge and cleared the thistles.

After lunch, the boys and I went to the library where we found none of the books we wanted so we have put them all on order. I picked up a book on ExerciseNic's recommendation and then we drove off towards the lake and the park. We stopped off to buy a ball (to replace the one I lost last time we were here) and the kids played on the park while I sat on a bench overlooking the lake and read my book. When the kids were bored we all went for a walk and kicked the ball along as we went. We walked for a while and the the boys played football and I read again.

On the walk back Smallest became grumpy with us and decided to walk a different way. Small and I had no idea if he was hiding or going around a huge lot of trees so we continued very slowly. Eventually he appeared back where we had left him. I had a good talking to him about disappearing without telling us where he was going. He was a little upset and I couldn't work out if it frightened him going off on his own or whether it was because I was mad at him.

We carried on our walk back with the ball and they went on the park again. We all went on the swings. I realised it was 5pm and it would take us ages to get home because the trafic would be bad so I called Huffle to see if he wanted to meet us somewhere for dinner.

This was the picture Smallest drew of Huffle and family - oh dear!

We chose a place we have been to many times and had a nice relaxing dinner and a chat about what we had done. Back home the boys watched TV (they are fascinated at the moment with a program about the brain. There are lots of interesting facts and tests and they love it - Huffle says it is much better than the normal canned laughter rubbish they normally watch).

Tonight we lost the beloved soft toy that Smallest has had since before he was born (well that's not quite true as we lost it when he was six months old on a beach in Devon but then bought another one to replace it before he realised) called Smelly. Poor Smelly, where could he be? He has been temporarily replaced by Cousin Smelly (he obviously does not smell the same as he is not AS loved but hopefully the real one will turn up soon).

 

1 comment:

AA said...

Poor Smelly! I'll look out for him over here, just in case he's gone on holiday.

xxx