Tuesday 18 August 2015

Whose Fault? Hint hint Small!*

We had to give in last night and put the air conditioning on. The poor kids lay in bed sweltering, even with their fans on, so it had to go on. I have to say, although it took a while to cool the whole house down (it was 26* which is hotter than when we heat it in the depths of winter), it did give us a very nice restful sleep. So much so that I definitely did not want to get up this morning.

I went off to work without the 'littles' today as neither of them really wanted to go, their toes needed resting (I am actually now wondering if their toe thing is a contagious thing, might need some investigating), and it was a hot humid day again. So I left them with breakfast to make and a basket full of washing to fold and distribute before they were allowed on their electronics. Huffle was home/working so I wasn't leaving totally alone. When I came home the kids were in the middle of a Catan game that they had set up themselves and made a new world (impressive).

At work it was Jan, Wil and I today and we had a note from Jeff to ask if we could do something with the dutchmans pipe that was overtaking one of the gardens and try and rediscover the Mini Hosta garden too. Plus there were lots of baskets with geraniums in that needed cleaning up, watering and moving. We managed to get it all done including watering the greenhouse and the potage. Good job well done. I came home with a beautiful echinacea that I recovered from the dump, two cucumbers, various mini courgettes, a handful of sweet cherry tomatoes and a Soloman Seal cutting. Very productive. For coffee break we had Peach Muffins (peaches in season right now) with a struedal topping (or is it streusel?). Yum yum. We had too many and as MrsM is still away I brought home the remains (the boys were very happy). While I was watering today I put the hose down and the lever went to on by mistake. I sprayed myself in the face full force. Jan thought it was hilarious.

The boys garden growing nicely
Anemone, Flox and some pineapple lilies in the greenhouse

At home we had lunch, the boys watched TV, played on the Wii, sorted some more washing (they are experts now) and played baseball outside. Smallest also did some writing in his journal and Small read his book after we went to the library to get a new one. The librarian wasn't one I have seen before and she wouldn't renew my book for me because I didn't have my card. Hurumph!

I did some bathroom cleaning, washing and cooking, making dinner for today and the start of dinner tomorrow.

After dinner we went to watch Small's last football game before his tournament on Saturday. His team won 7-3. Smallest, Huffle and I played baseball during the game and half time.

 

*Smallest journal entry read "..................and we got into trouble, hint hint, Small's fault".

 

No comments: