Wednesday 5 August 2015

Can I have pa'uns?

I spent all morning cooking in order that we could have dinner at lunchtime so that we could fit in the Granite people visiting and Smallest going to his Rep football practice. I made two huge Quiches (a vegetable one and a ham and spinach) a salad and with the leftover pastry I made a big Jam Pasty.

Dinner

The kids were very argumentative today and I had little patience to deal with them. Consequently there was much grumpiness in the house. I played Lego Creation many times with both kids and the three of us played New York Quick Roll Monopoly. The kids also played Basketball and Football and helped to clear the kitchen.

I did a bit more painting in my bathroom (looking good) and Huffle did a bit when he finished work and I painted the cupboard and drawer in the kitchen. The granite people postponed but at least we had had dinner and just needed a quick bite to eat before football.

The darker colour is going on over what I call Oh Canada (it is Canada version of Magnolia)

Smallest helped Huffle cut his hair and while I was showing him how to do it, we forgot to put the guard on his shaver and we made part of him bald! Whoops. Smallest did a fairly good job after a while and I finished it off. (I hate cutting his hair!!!!). I made a joke about putting patterns in his hair and he said he wanted them so I started to make a line and he called me an idiot. I thought he was having a mid-life crisis and wanted to 'get down with the kids'!!!

Look how unhappy he looks!

We all went to Smallest's football practice tonight. Smallest worked really hard and Small even ended up in goal for them (just a practice) he looked like a giant in their wee goal. It got quite cool. Hang on a mo, what happened to Summer? Gone already? No, I just got the pool clear.

Some more lovelies from the garden. Hollyhock, echinacea, echinacea and sweet pea, rudbeckia

 

Right, I'm off to watch The Great British Bake Off

No comments: