Wednesday 19 August 2015

Splish Splash

These were on the drive this morning. I have been reliably informed it does not mean Autumn is on the way.....

I have the app on my phone called 'TimeHop' which tells me what I posted photographs of 1 year, 2 year and 3 years ago. Apparently two years ago we went to the Splash Pad. Without the boys knowing this fact, they asked if we could go today. How funny that we seem to do exactly the same thing at the time same each year. Must be because we have such definite seasons here. Huffle also posted something four years ago which told us we were in Toronto for his big interview. Wow, who'd have thought...............

After breakfast, the boys and I packed up a lunch, towels, blanket and books and went off to their favourite Splash Pad. It was very hot today reaching at least 30* with minimal shade but for the few trees lining the lake. We parked across the bridge so we could have a bit of a walk first and we took the football with us to kick along as we went.

Reaching the Splash Pad the boys went instantly into the cold water and ended up having a water fight with some boys and girls they met. No scuffles today and I didn't have to tell anyone off (mine or others kids). I sat and finished my library book (Elizabeth is Missing - I know I have mentioned it before but it is such a good read).

We had our picnic lunch and the kids went back in the water. I ran through a couple of times just to get a bit cooler and took Smallest to the park while Small sat and read.

We stayed at the Splash Pad and Park for over three hours. They had a great time and I was nicely chilled if not a little hot too. We did have the obligatory shot of boys up a fallen tree and a walk back across the bridge where I lost their football (whoops).

That was supposed to b a lovely photo of the three of us!

The traffic was horrendous on the way home and it took some time before we were home. Huffle was making a start on the dinner I had half prepared yesterday (thank goodness I had started and thank goodness he was finishing). Tonight we had Curries (I have a dentist appointment tomorrow - poor dentist).

All the boys went off to football tonight for Smallest's Rep practice. Small was hoping to get some training in with Huffle on the side. I decided to stay at home by myself. I had a lovely time. I went in the pool by myself. I swam, did my own whirlpool, floated, practised handstands and generally had a nice kid free swim (that's got to be a first). By the time I came in, the air con had cooled the house sufficiently and I was a bit too cool so I sat on the porch in the last of the evenings sunshine and played on my IPad and blogged. The boys couldn't believe I had been in the pool without them. They had a good time at football and even had a race against each other and the coach.

TV, Great British Bake Off, a couple of Huffle scones and homemade jam and bed. Zzzzzzzzzzz

 

 

No comments: