Friday 21 August 2015

Can't bake?

Another morning spent doing nothing much. Another heavy rain storm which turned into a nice sunshiny afternoon.

The boys and I packed up our lunch and headed for the cinema, stopping on the way to choose a new paint for the Family Bathroom. At the near empty cinema, we watched Shaun The Sheep. The kids loved it and I have to say it was quite entertaining. There were approximately 20 people in the cinema today (not sure how popular Shaun is over here).

On the way home we popped in to pick up our paint (they have to mix it in the shop so it takes time), then got a few things for the weekend. We are all at football tomorrow. There is a Tournament for Small and a Festival for Smallest so we all have to get up early and will be out for most of the day.

The sneaky boys took this on my phone when I wasn't looking

The boys played basketball and on their tablets while I made two different risottos. After dinner we all played Catan.

While we were out today I popped into a little bakery to buy some nice things for the weekend. A British lady was walking out of the door and noticed my bag (it is a canvas one that Aunty A bought me with lots of cake names on it). She stopped, came back in and said "what a fabulous bag, ooh I love battenburg". The lady behind the counter and I then started talking about The Great British Bake Off. She said she was loving it and then said "and they say the British can't bake". The cheek of it. Who says the British can't bake?

 

 

2 comments:

AA said...

That is cheeky!

famfa said...

I've never heard anyone say that before!