Wednesday 12 August 2015

Two left hands!

Huffle went into the office today (not the virtual one - the real one). The boys and I had a morning of sorting, and tidying and then they went on their tablets while I mopped and made two lots of muffins (Lemon and Poppy Seed and Chocolate Fudge). Late morning we had a visit from the Suffolk family. The kids all played outside on the trampoline and in the garden playing hide and seek. Suffolk and I looked at my quilt and worked out what to do next.

We all had lunch together and tried the muffins and then the kids went back outside to play and then on the Wii while Suffolk and I glued together my quilt and practised the quilting stitches. It's a huge thing to be sewing on and makes it quite tricky trying to manoeuvre it on the free motion stitching. Apparently it's easier with quilting gloves but as I don't have any I tried rubber gloves. I only ever buy rubber gloves for Moo and Grandma and didn't realise that my only new pair was two left hands - which one of the mums has no right hand then? We were interrupted by MrBasement coming to fit the new pool pump so never got to do any proper quilting on the actual quilt. Will have to save that for another day!

MrBasement easily fitted the new pump and suggested some bits to make circulation easier and then we discussed the work we needed him to do. The whole kitchen business is back up in the air again due to several unresolved problems. I don't know where we are with this now. It's driving me crazy.

Huffle came home - not a good day for him. I made dinner and then we all ate and afterwards played Fast Play Monopoly. Huffle lost and was bankrupt and the boys and I abandoned the game until tomorrow morning due to it being too late to finish.

No comments: