Monday 24 October 2016

Don't Assuage Your Guilt

I couldn't get up this morning. In fact it was past 8am before I woke up. It's so dark in the morning now. The boys didn't wake me and Huffle got up to help the boys get ready for school while I had a shower. The kids helped Huffle to get their lunches ready and I came down just before they went to school. What good boys they all are.

My morning was a myriad of disasters stating with me getting up late, running late for my day out with Suffolk, rescheduling but still being late. Small called home to say it was tree planting day and they needed their wellies. The calendar today said TREE PLANTING DRESS ACCORDINGLY!!!!! but we all ignored it. I drove to school, couldn't park in the car park because of the school bus so had to park down a side street meaning I had to run down said street, across the road and into school, just in time to see the bus drive away with Smallest in it!!!! I gave Small his wellies, gloves, hat and drove off to the tree planting which was only just down the road. I bumped into the principal who took Smallest's stuff from me to give to him. Both boys thanked me later for bringing their stuff. They planted shrubs and trees in order to help the Salmon that they released earlier in the year.

Suffolk and I went out to Port Perry today to celebrate my birthday (as she missed it when G&G were here). We met in a coffee shop and she gave me a present of two boxes of lovely writing paper. They were lovely and I had said I was looking for some for ages but everywhere sold notelets and not paper. Very thoughtful. We then wandered around the shops. Crafty ones, furniture ones, homewares and clothes. Suffolk took me for lunch where we had soup and tea and chatted for ages. We finished with a few more shops and finally went home.

The boys were already home, Huffle was busy working and I made dinner while the kids had their piano lessons. They are learning Christmas songs for their Recital in five weeks (one of which is Halloween). It seems far too early for Christmas.

After dinner we took Smallest to Cubs for a night of pumpkin carving. Small, Huffle and I were going to go for a walk but it was cold and started raining so we came home and helped Small clear and clean his shelves in his room.

 

 

No comments: