Thursday 20 October 2016

Squash and a Squeeze

"It was weeny for six but gigantic for FOUR! Our house is no longer a squash and a squeeze" Julia Donaldson.

Grandma and Grandad arrived home safely with Weather being cool but dry. We, on the other hand, got rain all day. It was very soggy! The boys went to school (shorts and waterproof coats) and Huffle worked from the kitchen table and the basement. I did three loads of washing (thank you Grandad for leaving me a full basket), all the beds were changed, all toilets were cleaned, lots of tidying and organising done and a food shop. When I went food shopping, I was a little grumpy, maybe it was the weather, maybe it was the idiots surrounding me today! All the supermarket trollies were wet and dripping with no towels to dry them. Old people were everywhere being slow and cumbersome. Stupid ego fuelled men were driving like mad fools despite the lashing rain. I did lots of muttering under my breath today. The queues were too long in the supermarket and only two checkouts were open so I decided to self-checkout my stuff. WRONG CHOICE! Every piece of fruit and vegetable, I got wrong. Two large potatoes were charged at $35 and the bloody machine kept telling me to remove the last item from my bag. Talking to the machine in a calm manner does not help, luckily the girl tasked with sorting out self check problems was very patient though she did inform me I had rather a lot of things! REALLY?

I came home and had lunch with Huffle and we watched Travel Man which made me feel a lot better. Very funny, especially when he stood in a Mmuseumm that had a low roof and it squashed his hair! Huffle went back to work and I carried on my sorting, making beds and getting dinner ready (though today it was just soups from the freezer) and a rice pudding (Small's favourite).

I have been crocheting something for three weeks and today I decided to undo it all (over two balls of wool too arrrggghhhh). I restarted it again later, now I know where I went wrong last time.

The boys came home. Small's teacher wasn't there today so all of his class had to be put into other classrooms around the school. Small had to go into Grade 1/2 at a very small desk. How silly, that could hurt his back. Have they not noticed how tall he is? His teacher should be back tomorrow.

We had dinner and then Huffle and Small went off to Small's indoor football. Huffle thought that he was coaching again even though they hadn't told him, but when he got that there CoachOl and a moustache plus 2 were doing the session. Small got 8 goals (yes 8 Grandad).

Smallest and I watched Come Fly with Me and I had to explain what an 'affair' was. Thank goodness he wasn't listening clearly at another part!!!

No comments: