Friday 21 October 2016

The bare chested man

More rain all day. A very miserable wet and cold day. So what better than to go to the garden centre outside in the rain getting cold. YAY! After the boys went to school (Smallest has given in and put on trousers but Small is still in denial and wearing shorts), I Facetimed Moo and had a chat and catch up with her and then Suffolk came round. The local garden centre had a 70% sale and she drove me there and I helped her chose some premier plants for her new front garden. It was so cold though and we spent a long time looking. She bought a good few and I bought a Vibernum bush and an Actea. We were freezing so drove to Uxbridge and had lunch. Suffolk is Paleo and can't eat dairy or sugar and I of course am vegetarian. The soup today was Leek and Potato (with dairy) so she ordered MeatLoaf which came with panini, cheese and caramalized onions, all of which she can't eat, so I had them and it made my little cup of soup delicious. What a perfect pair we are. We also had two pots of tea, one Echinacea which was lovely and a Pomegranate and Cranberry which was meh! It was nice and warm and the service was excellent. We met a lovely English (Devon) lady in there who chatted to us. She has been here 35 years, married a Canadian, had three children here and was still homesick. There is no hope for me!

Funky Mushroom growing in the garden centre (that's how wet its been lately

We came back to mine and looked at the material for the Blinds. Grandma left me with lots of measurements, drawings and notes and Suffolk made sure I knew what I was going to do next. Huffle and I need to check that the material plus the lining is sufficient for what we want, ie to stop the light getting through, otherwise we might need black-out lining instead.

The boys came home, did a chore, practiced piano, homework and emptied their bags and then played on their tablets until dinner when they organised the living room, found a film and got drinks ready. I made pizza which we ate in front of the beginning of Batman vs Superman. I checked on the internet to see if it was appropriate and it said, for parents, a mans bare chest was on show, there was kissing and the use of the word sh1t and damn. It never mentioned any of the other swear words we had heard already in it but was concerned that Lois had bare legs in the bath!!!! Don't think that will bother my boys!

Small watched his TV in his room (The Apprentice) while we watched Gardeners World and Would I lie to you.

 

No comments: