Sunday 23 October 2016

Turkeyshwa

This morning we sat watching TV with the boys watching XFactor. More rubbish. We had a late breakfast and the boys helped me sort out the Winter Cupboard. Hats, gloves and scarves were tried on, discarded or put in the correct place. Snowpants were tried on and then they played on the Wii for a while as swiffing, sweeping etc was done by Huffle and me.

Late morning we headed out to look at some cane furniture which was on sale at a second hand garage sale shop Huffle knew. We decided to buy it and the shop agreed to deliver it for us late afternoon.

Today, for dinner, we ate at the Number1 Trip Advisor restaurant in Oshawa. Now I am often heard to refer to Canada being stuck in the 1970's, normally this refers to Sears Department Store and the public attitude to drink driving, but today the restaurant was definitely a throw back to the 70's. Smallest and Huffle had Turkey, Gravy and potatoes which came with a startedr of soup and a roll. This turned out to be completely unnecessary due to the hugeness of the meal. Smallest, of course, finished his pile of turkey as he truly is a carnivore (though it was a child's portion) but Huffle had to take half of his turkey home. The menu said if the child was good and finished their main meal, then a sundae could be had. The said sundae came in a small stainless steel 1970's esque bowl. I was surprised we weren't offered a Prawn Cocktail. My only vegetarian option was an omelette. It was all 'okay' but I can't imagine we will go back. Their big seller was a cream coconut pie and a strawberry tart.

We needed to walk off our dinner and went to the lake and walked along for about forty minutes. It was cool and we all had coats on. I feel the iciness of Winter upon us. Huffle says he saw a snow symbol for next weekend!!!

This was a hand powered machine that gave is information about the various marches in the area. Clever.
Small seeing if he was as tall as his Dad yet! Not far!
Plenty of silliness

I took a lovely photo of the boys chatting and getting on. I wondered what they were talking about and asked them later. This is what Small said "I was throwing Smallest around the world and a raccoon caught him and threw him at Santa's workshop. A polar bear threw him back to me". I have no idea how this conversation started or why it did. I will pretend they were being nice to each other and having a lovely chat as two brothers that get on well would.

We came home. The boys and I had a leaf fight where I seemed to come off worse. I am still taking Leaves out of my hair. We put green cobwebs on the outside of the house and added green light up spiders (for Halloween or is that obvious?) and Huffle Skype Grandma and Grandad. Our furniture arrived and we put them in the tidy barn (don't worry Grandad, we didn't make a mess) until I make cushions for them and then we placed our new plants and planned what we wanted to achieve. We decided on a nice row of grasses to make a kind of swishy hedge at the front (or back as we look at it from the house) of the garden. We planted and worked hard and rewarded ourselves with a cup of tea.

The boys played on the Wii, had showers and then we all played Squarrels and watched a bit of The Crystal Maze SU2C (C4).

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: