Tuesday 25 October 2016

Smeg off dog poo face

I had weird dreams of running down stairs trying to escape from someone last night. I was exhausted when I woke up! The boys went to school. Now they are wearing long trousers and fleeces, still no coats, gloves etc but the weather is certainly getting colder with snow forecast on Thursday and Saturday :(

I left Huffle working at the kitchen table and went off to work. I know that MrsM was not completely happy with me for not coming in last week when I cancelled to take G&G shopping but to be fair, I am only a volunteer and I shouldn't be relied on. We worked hard cutting things down (mainly grasses and flox). We also spent a considerable time inside warming ourselves and keeping away from the Septic Tank emptying (just in case it was Smelly). There is no Tuesday work now for a while but I may be called upon to do some greenhouse work on other days. I love going there and I have learnt so much, so I will continue going. I came home with a couple of things I dug out of the path. One was a salvia and the other, I'm not sure but it has yellow Autumnal foliage and I planted them in our garden as soon as I got home.

Huge clematis high in the pine

I had lunch with Huffle and we watched Travel Man in Helsinki. (C4). I think Huffle is a mixture of Carl Pilkington and Richard Ayoade. Funny! I spent the afternoon making Beef Cottage Pie and a Veggie Cottage Pie. Mine had a multitude of vegetables in it. Ten actually. It was yummy.

After dinner, all the boys went off to Smallest's football practice. Smallest got himself a new pair of Messi boots (from Coach's locker) and Small tried out his new boots too, by having a kick about before getting kicked off the field (Health and Safety). I stayed at home, sorted washing, cleaned the kitchen and watched Tv while crocheting.

 

No comments: