Monday 17 October 2016

The Depot Bear

We have hit a milestone in our family. Small had a shower all by himself without being asked to. He said it was because his hair was greasy. WOW! Who would have thought?

After the boys went to school (still in shorts but now with fleeces), I took Grandad off to The Tire and Rona and we had a very successful mission getting everything on our list. Stakes for the Raspberry Canes, a lump hammer to hit the stakes in, some square things for screwing!?!? and all the wood needed for the blinds Grandma and I are supposed to be making (bearing in mind they go home on Wednesday eeeekkk).

Pumpkins anyone?
.....and a leaf just fell on His Head!
Autumnal

Small called home to say we needed to pay for a French thing at school which was supposed to have been paid online (but their silly online cash thingy doesn't now work!!) so we popped to the school on the way home and paid. Then I dropped Grandad and the wood at home and picked up Grandma and we went shopping (Homesense, Winners, Canadian Superstore etc) plus we met up with Suffolk and had a cuppa and chat with her before carrying on with our shopping.

Grandma bought me some lovely things for my Birthday and presents for back home including a lovely bear fleece for Grandad who has decided American Eagle Outfitters is the new shop for him. We did very well and I even bought us a picture for our bedroom which Huffle liked (it's not often I see a picture that we both like enough to buy). Next we picked up some essentials from the supermarket (and got told off for using the 1-12 checkout when we had at least three times that) and spoke to the Pharmascist about my bite/blister/Barry/open wound. He said it didn't look too bad but to make sure it didn't get any worse else I would need to visit the doctor. He gave me non sticky pads to put over plus a bandage which I have to tape to my leg to stop me from catching it.

We finally came home and attended to the Chilli which had been simmering in the Crock Pot all day. Grandad had finished his Raspberry job and emptied the Compost BedNo1 - still no Pauline.

The boys had piano lessons and after dinner Huffle took Smallest to Cubs where they did orienteering outside in the dark with torches. Small's Scouts wasn't on today because all the leaders are lazy buggers, that being said, they still haven't come round for the Apple money, told you they were lazy, or SCARED!

Home Depot Behr

Grandad and I went to the Garden Club where we had a talk from Martin Galloway, a Naturalist who spoke about Botanical Gardens around the world. It was a great talk and we enjoyed it immensely.

 

 

No comments: