Wednesday 26 October 2016

Show no mercy!

It is sooooo very dark in the mornings and sooo very dark so early in the evenings. Booooo you Winter!

As usual, I watched the boys get on their school bus. Then Maurice the driver pulls over and let's all the cars behind her go by. She is not supposed to do that and I know that some of the parents have complained already and the school contacted the bus company about it. Safety wise, you are not supposed to pass a school bus in case the kids are getting on and off and crossing the road. Silly Maurice!

I went to aerobics and left Huffle working. I have hurt my neck possibly by overextending it. I vaguely remember ExerciseNic saying DONT PULL ON YOUR NECK, I KNOW YOU WANT TO. Well I obviously did. OUCH!

I came home briefly, picked up my gardening tools and went off to Suffolks to put in her new plants, bulbs and cut a few things back. She rewarded me with a hearty Smoked Sweet Potato Curried Soup which was delicious. We finished with a cup of Cammomile, Mint and Ginger tea (new thing for calming the tummy and getting rid of trapped wind - lovely, but it does work!!!! PARP). My hamstrings are killing me from Tuesdays gardening, aerobics and bulb planting. I should be gardening at TheRoyals tomorrow but we have snow due through the night YES I SAID SNOW and rain for the rest of the day.

I came home just in time for the kids coming back. Small had had a good day finding things he thought he had lost. They both did their homework and I made dinner. Smallest and I played a couple of games of Stack 'Em Up.

After dinner I took Smallest to football where he played a game against the older Girls Rep Team and beat them easily. This coach was their goalie for half of it and then they brought in a boy/man. At the end of the game all the team, including subs, and coaches were on the field. I found out that we have to pay an extra $130 because they chose to add an extra practice night. I think it is outrageous but we don't seem to have a choice. If we don't pay, the kids aren't allowed to play in the game on Saturday. That's an increase of around $400 more than last year. Bloody ridiculous!

Huffle took Small to basketball. Huffle was annoyed by the lack discipline and of the 11 kids, only three parents stayed and one of them was Huffle. Another parent shouted out that the kids weren't listening which is unusual but did please Huffle greatly. I think the biggest problem is that most parents use the session as a babysitting service which is wrong. Huffle thinks the parents are too embarrassed to stay but I think the reason the kids are like that is because they don't have responsible parents in the first place. I don't particularly like the Coach either, he is too soft and talks too much. We are already looking into alternative places for Small.

Smallest and I came home and after his shower, Smallest sat in his room and watched The Great British Bake Off. He wasn't allowed to say who won as Huffle and I watched it later and Small will watch it tomorrow. I think the right person won though they were not my favourite. Won't say anymore just in case.

No comments: