Friday 4 April 2014

Do Chameleons Swim?

All the boys went off today. Small had a sore throat so I medicated him before school and when he came home he felt much better. Except now I have the sore throat instead.

I went to exchange my Quilt set again and this time I got a complete one. Hurray. I then went to knitting. It was a noisy one today. However, because everyone else had plenty to say, I actually got quite a lot of knitting done. I left just after midday and came home for lunch, a tidy up, a quick make of soups for dinner and then I started quilting. I cut out lots of squares and then went up to the loft and sewed them all together. I have made my first square of 16 blocks and I love it. Its very addictive. I started on my second square but the boys came home and guess what? They were fighting. They got themselves ready for swimming, picked up the IPads for playing while the other swims, had a fight, had the Ipads taken off them and we went to swimming in silence. Pair of Grumps!

Smallest had his lesson where he learnt a new stroke - breast stroke. Here they do it a little different. Pull, breathe, kick, glide. This is obviously not a problem for Smallest as he hasn't learnt the UK way but I know Small found it hard work. Smallest swam and swam and swam and is still by far the youngest and smallest person in his group. He paired up with another boy who could have eaten him he was that much bigger! He also said that a girl in his class was called Chameleon. Really? Or is this another Bucket (Duncan) or Brainy (Brady).????? Smallest's instructor went to England about the same time as us and he came over to me tonight and said "I meant to ask you, do you not have school buses? I didn't see one school bus in England!". I said that they did have buses but they were more like coaches and he thought I meant the normal double decker red buses. I told him they were like the greyhound buses. He laughed and said he had been looking for the yellow buses like they have here.

Small and I checked if Small could be changed from Swim Club to Lifesaving and he could. He was so much happier. He also got some swimming in but not as much as last week. He was all smiles and thumbs up and laughing and talking. Much better. Smallest had his dinner there of soup in a flask and a muffin. I told him there was potato in his tomato soup and when a lady asked him what he had, he said "Potato Soup".

On the way home we met another car in the middle of the road coming at us head-on. It was foggy and rainy - what an idiot!

Huffle was home when we got back and he had enhanced the KubKar for racing finals tomorrow. We had our dinner and the boys watched TV before bed.

Tonight is the start of The Trip - Italy with Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon. We loved this series before when they went to restaurants in the Lake District.

 

 

1 comment:

Sarah Tomson said...

Love the fabric you are using for your quilting 😃

xx