Thursday 17 April 2014

Does Aunty A live in a sauce bottle?*

Temperatures of 9* and no coats needed. Getting better! Huffle went to work - his sale has now been signed and his timer is ticking down till July when it all goes completely. The boys went off to school, one complaining of tummy ache (not the one that was sick yesterday though). I had breakfast, finished watching Undeniable - I recommend this to anyone who can get ITVPlayer as it's very good.

I went off to the pharmacist today to pick up a prescription and then did a bit of Easter shopping and then went and visited 'Suffolk'. We sat and looked through lovely quilt books and then drove out to a fabric shop we haven't been to before. We signed ourselves up for a course where we buy our backing material (that was difficult seeing as how neither of us are good at making decisions) and each month we get a tutorial on how to do a new technique in quilting. We pay $10 for the first month and if we finish the piece before the next month we get the next tutorial and all the pieces for free. And so on and so on. If we don't finish the piece for whatever reason, you just pay another $10. Sounds good to me. It starts at the end of May. I also signed up for a 1 day course to learn how to Free Motion Sew on my machine which is something I have wanted to do since I watched Kirsty Allsop do it on her crafty program a few years back. That one is mid May. How exciting.

We drove around looking for somewhere to eat, got lost and then drove towards Suffolk's house when we got a call from her school saying one of her boys was injured. We picked him up and took him to the doctors as he had a cut very close to his eye. I left and came home, put my shopping away and had a late lunch.

The boys came home, helped me carry ten bags of top soil from the car to the veg beds and we played outside, playing Swingball, football and playing on the swing. When Huffle came home, he had also bought top soil so we carried that to the beds too. He bought me a Hellebore for Easter (and he is rubbish at surprises so I have it now) and it is lovely.

We all played footbalI and while I finished dinner the boys all played. After dinner there was more football. Can't get enough of this NoSnow weather.

 

*at the dinner table we were talking about gardening and I showed the boys a lovely photo Aunty A had sent me of a Garden Centre Toilets. Smallest asked "does Aunty A garden?". "Well a little bit" was my reply. "You see she doesn't have a garden, she lives in a flat, an apartment" says Huffle. "Or a condiment" said I. I meant a condominium (that's what they are called here and I didn't know if that was a word he had heard). Condiment!!! Oh yes, Aunty A lives in a Tomato Sauce Bottle.

Very pretty - I think I would like one of these in my bathroom

 

2 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Just think of all those nice quilts you could have for next winter?! That will make the cold weather something to look forward to ( as long as it doesn't drag on !) x

Anonymous said...

Talk about the opposite of cabin fever, you're running around now doing as much as possible! Love those sinks too.

Happy Easter
Brenda