Thursday 3 April 2014

I see Big Baby

Temperatues of 4* and sunny. Lots more snow melting. Huffle more ice off the drive. The front garden is slowly uncovering but the back is still quite high. Though Huffle did report earlier that Cyril's (our garden Buddha) head is emerging.

Huffle worked from home and there was plenty of shouting at his laptop and expletives after the boys had gone to school. I went off to exchange something I bought the other day which was a Quilting Starter Set. When I got home from buying it originally I noticed half the things were missing from it. Today I took it back but they had no replacements so I got my money back. I desperately wanted it so went to another shop and bought another set, this time counting the things so I knew it was complete. It wasn't - it was missing something again - how annoying!!!! Now I have to take it back AGAIN!!!!!

By lunchtime I got to Suffolks house as I had been invited for lunch. Fishguard was also there. We had a lovely homemade soup and then I had a quilting lesson. Under Suffolks excellent tuition I made a small patchwork cushion. Now once I get another quilting set with everything included I can start making my quilt. Am very excited.

I came home to find Huffle had bought us tickets for Toronto Bluejays v Boston Redsox baseball game later in the month - Let's Go Bluejays!

Huffle carried on working and the boys came home. Small's friend came to play and once Smallest had had his shower, the three of them played on the Wii while I made a Roast Chicken Dinner. Small's friend went home and we all ate. I introduced the boys to eating Yorkshire Pudding as a dessert with Golden Syrup on - they liked them.

Huffle and I played table tennis and the boys watched TV before bed.


 

7 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Yorkshire pudding and syrup?!! That's just a bit wrong ;-/ Bluejays tickets sounds good though ! xx

Unknown said...

Yorkshire pudding with blackberry or raspberry vinegar. Now there's a pudding, esp if made by Doreen. Happy childhood memories.

Sarah Tomson said...

Love Yorkshire pudding with golden syrup on - always try to make sure there's some spare for this :-)

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Ohhh I like the sound of that pudding!

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Ohhh I like the sound of that pudding!

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Ohhh I like the sound of that pudding!

Anonymous said...

I think Mrs Rumbleskins really likes the sound of that pudding, lol! She can have mine as I'm not sure I do!! Annoying about the quilt kit.

Hugs
Brenda