Friday 11 April 2014

Spring is Sprunging

Poor Huffle is having a bad time at work with the sale of part of the business that has been going on and on and on and on. Finally though it all seems to have been sorted. He wanted to come to see the boys swim this evening but at the last minute got another call.

The boys went off to school but there was a small part of me that wondered if it was a day off. First, Small said it was Good Friday, we checked on the Calendar, it wasn't. Then they got ready and stood outside with time to spare in case the bus was early again but today it was late. Even my neighbour came out and asked if it was late! i was about to get changed to take them myself when it turned up.

I had breakfast and watched a bit more of The Widower. Oh my goodness, I won't give it away because I know AuntyA wants to watch it but I have been feeling tired all week and I wonderd.................

Smallest has a birthday party tomorrow so I went in search of a present for a 3 year old girl. That's not easy when you don't have girls I can tell you. I bought a Playdoh Cup Cake making set. It appealed to my creative side and my cakey side. Hope she likes it. I then went in search of blueberries. Nowhere sells them and I am guessing they are out of season everywhere in the World but I don't remember not having them at all last year. I bought extra strawberries instead though it's not the same.

Knitting was my next stop where I took in biscuits because I needed to eat. I was helped out with a few and we had a laugh as always. I managed to do quite a bit of my sock and am now considering whether to join in the Knit A Long to make a blanket (or an Afghan as it is advertised as). We get to learn a new technique each week when the pattern is released. It's expensive for a blanket but isn't everything that is handmade?

After knitting I went with MrsBasement to a second hand shop to look for a table for my sewing. I found one but it's not quite right. I also found a desk for Smallest and need to get Huffle to look before we decide though Smallest is quite keen on having one to do his homework on (when he gets some).

After my lunch I went out and did a bit of gardening as it was so nice. I cleared mountains of leaves that we used as a mulch over Autumn and Winter. It did a good job as the soil underneath is good and weed free. There are many plants and lots of bulbs emerging.

I moved tons of leaves to the compost and vegetable area and called the Manure lady to see if we could go on Sunday to get more manure for the veg beds. I left a message. I made two quiches and the boys came home and we had a mad rush getting ready for swimming.

Once there, Smallest did lots of different strokes and many lengths while Small played on the IPad. then Smallest got dry and changed and sat and ate his meatball and pasta while Small had his Life Saving lesson. There was lots of silliness going on today but at least he is enjoying it.

When we got home dinner was waiting for us and we ate while Smallest watched TV. Huffle and I played table tennis and I won the first one!!!

The boys went to bed and Huffle and I flopped in front of the TV with a pot of tea and a muffin. We are shattered!!!

 

 

 

 

No comments: