Sunday 13 April 2014

One Thousand

Today's blog is the 1,000th post. WOW. Did I really think I would still be writing this after all this time. And every day too. Are you still reading? I know some of you are because I get the usual comments from the same people and for that I thank you. For the rest of you - just to prove you are out there, it would be lovely to hear from you. (Including you lot in Russia!)

Let me introduce you to Robin. He is our resident North American Robin (lets not mistake him for a lovely little fat English Robin) who likes to sit on our porch occasionally looking at his reflection in our window. He seems to visit every day lately.

What did we do on the 1000th day? Huffle and I raked off old leaves from two of the veg beds, dug them over, added dried leaves to the underneath and added composted sheep poo to the tops. We started the seed trays ready for the new seeds, added to the front path in the garden and painted in the basement.

The boys played on the new Swingball (Huffle and I did too), they played on their bikes up and down the street and went off and played with their friends at the back in the forest and round their houses. We lost Small for a few hours when he played in his friends house too. Smallest played on the computer with his new Webkinz that he got yesterday at the party.

We had a few porch moments today because it was so warm and nice. Small, Huffle and I ate our fish finger sandwiches on the porch. Huffle skyped Grandma and Grandad whilst we sat with our tea on the porch.

Early evening we made homemade Pizza and sat and ate it (with a celebratory glass of red wine) whilst watching the film Mrs Doubtfire. Ooooooh Hello Dear.

While Huffle watched The Masters, I read to the boys, putt them to bed and did some sewing. It started thundering, now I know that's not supposed to happen until tomorrow. We have also been forecast 100% chance of snow on Tuesday (NOOOOOO that's my day for working in the garden centre garden! proper gardening instead of being in the greenhouse. BOOOOOO).

 

8 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Happy 1000th post!! I have read every one and enjoyed them :-) keep up the good work x

Sarah Tomson said...

Wahoo 1000 posts - definitely called for a celebration glass of red, keep blogging not sure what I'd do if there was no blog feel a bit lost when you disappear for a couple of days! x

Spanish Chica said...

I'm still here, happily reading about your Canadian life. Congrats for your 1000th post. Keep it up xx

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Happy 1000! Sorry just one of your regulars. I love a fish finger sandwich and it's so nice to hear you say that you were eating one. Mr Rumbleskins always thinks I'm a freak when I have one.

famfa said...

Thank you. You too, keep writing yours x

famfa said...

Then I will definitely keep writing. Wouldn't want upset your day. Thanks x

famfa said...

Thanks. Glad you're still reading x

famfa said...

We have only just rediscovered then. Smallest loves them. Thanks xx