Wednesday 16 April 2014

Your pants are going to love me!

There was just a very light dusting of snow left this morning. I don't know if it was left over from yesterday or a new dusting. What I do know is that it was all gone by early evening. Huffle and the boys left for work and school and I went to my exercise class. I use 2.5kilo weights and I felt like they weren't doing anything so changed them for 5kilo ones. I guess I might feel that a bit tomorrow!

Two of the ladies asked me last week if I would help them with their crocheting in return for lunch so after class, we arranged to meet at one of their houses. A quick shower and I arrived armed with wool, hooks and a variety of patterns. I had to teach them practically from scratch and we sat for about 3.5 hours (including a lovely lunch of Courgette Pie and Salad). We are meeting again next week at the other ladies house to see how they got on.

When I got home there was a message on the answer phone from school saying that Smallest had been sick and they wanted to know if he could come home on the bus or not. I decided I wouldn't want to come home on a bus if I was feeling sick so I picked him up. He seemed fine and watched a bit of TV and finished his apple. When Small got home he did his reading and homework and then played on the IPad. Smallest helped me to make dinner then played on the computer.

After dinner Smallest told us why we celebrated Easter (because Aunt Pear asked if they were told in school). "Mary and Joseph had a baby who was Jesus. He went into the desert and didn't eat for forty days. He did something bad, got tied to a cactus and made to kill himself". We like this version better than the one Huffle and I ever heard. We are in no way religious so haven't sat and explained to the kids about the meaning of Easter. I guess Easter for us is a few days off and an Easter Egg Hunt. We will leave the real meaning to those who believe.

The boys watched TV but got into an argument so the TV was turned off and they went off to do their own thing while Huffle and I played Table Tennis and I won 2-1 wahoooooo. I taught Smallest a game of patience and Small two new games of patience. Smallest is definitely not well, though he says he is, he can't stop crying at the silliest of things. Oh dear, I wonder if he will be off school tomorrow.

 

1 comment:

Lea.H said...

ouch! changing to the 5kilo must pain you today!! i would love to learn crochet, i think i will watch youtube vids to learn!