Monday 21 April 2014

Pokemon, Poo and Ping Pong

Huffle went off to work this morning and left the kids and I at home. It was a gorgeous day with temperatures of 21*. I daren't say it was too warm so I won't, but it did feel quite humid and I had a headache on and off all day so maybe a storm is brewing.

MrBasement arrived to do the floor and the kids and I went off to buy Smallest a pair of trainers. You should see how worn out his others are, we had to throw them in the bin! We ended up getting him some trainers and crocs and they both got a couple of tee-shirts and then they spent some of their money. Smallest spent his birthday money plus some more and bought himself a Pokemon Tin with cars in and extra cards. He was very very happy with his purchases. Small decided he wanted more cards (I don't know why because he has many) so he bought some too. We also picked up some groceries.

Once home, Pokemon opened and oohed and ahhed at, we had lunch. The boys chose to eat in front of the TV so I had mine in the Sun Room watching Crimson Fields. While they played on the IPad, I dug over the remaining veg beds and added top soil and sheep poo. They are now all ready for some Duck Poo from work to finish them off.

I called the boys outside and they went to Small's friends to see if he wanted to come over and play. They brought him back with them, played for five minutes and then went over to play at his. Smallest stayed with me and we and an ice cream, a game of football and a couple of games of Swingball.

MrBasement nearly finished the floor and is coming back Thursday to do the step, put some wood up, mend a light switch and put the skirting on. He said the roof went well and that we need to check the chimney when it rains as they are not completely convinced it is 100% rainproof as the roofer before made a hash of it and they may have to come back later and re-shingle it again.

The boys got me some bricks from under the Pool and I carried on with the path while they played Pokemon Battle with their cards.

Huffle came home, showers were had and we had dinner. Smallest and Huffle and Huffle and I played table tennis to test out the new floor. Not bad! The balls don't bounce as well as we would have liked but better than before.

 

No comments: