Monday 7 April 2014

Slush Pants and Bangers

Today temperatures reached 9* and although it wasn't overly sunny, it was definitely warm enough to not wear coats. Huffle got stuck on the drive before work chatting to an Irish man who lives close by. He was telling Huffle all about the new development happening on the field next to the Royals house. He seemed to think our road would have to be widened - well that doesn't make much sense, widen to where? Not over our garden!!! The boys went to school in fleeces, though Smallest was told he wasn't allowed to play on the field without his Snow Pants or Slush Pants (the name of the waterproof trousers here).

I spent my morning painting in the basement. Two doors, part of the TV cabinet, most of the shelves, the side of the stairs and half a wall. I got a lot of paint in my hair so had a shower, had my lunch and did a bit of sewing.

This afternoon I drove to Port Perry where I picked up my dishcloths (don't know where else to get them from), posted some birthday cards (sorry Mrs Rumbleskins, yours will be late) and met NoCustard for a coffee. I haven't seen her for ages so we had a lot of catching up to do. We walked to the Butchers and I bought some English Bangers for the boys' tea. I also bought them some Orange Squash from the Scottish shop where I caught up with MrsM and showed her my flower photos from Greenwich Park, London.

Once home, I prepared dinner and then did a bit of jigsaw waiting for the kids to come home. Homework was done, waterproofs and socks sorted for tonight's Night Hike with Beavers and Cubs and Smallest read his book to me about a Hippo called Fragility. Small brought two tests home where he got A+ for them both - well done clever Small.

Once Huffle came home, we ate dinner and then he dropped them off at the forest. The rain started (apparantly it won't stop until tomorrow lunchtime). They had a challenge to lift a radioactive can with four ropes attached. They had to pull it on a half a km walk without tipping it. Small's team won. Smallest team came second (there were three teams). They had a huge walk across rickety bridges and they got very very wet. They had a couple more challenges and they really enjoyed it. When they got back all of their clothes had to go in the wash. I had hot chocolate, towels and PJ's ready when they walked through the door.

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MRS RUMBLESKINS for tomorrow.

CousinPest has started his adventure in USA where he is currently in Ohio. We wish him all the best and look forward to hearing more as he travels to Long Island NY and then Florida later in the year. Good Luck Pest - nice to be in the same time zone.

 

1 comment:

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Thank you! Miss Rumbleskins was looked after by her granny while Master Rumbleskins and I went to see the Lego movie. Then dinner at the pub near our house. Loovely me dook. Xxx