Thursday 23 October 2014

A little bit of spice

Huffle had to work from home today as he had a dodgy tummy. Luckily, he ate the same thing as the boys yesterday so I knew I hadn't poisoned him. I took Small and Tuba to school this morning while Smallest went on the bus with his friends (today he had his fleece on the right way!).

I had a lovely slow breakfast, watched Our Girl and did a bit of washing and quick clean of all toilets (due to the poorlyness of Huffle - I did not want anyone else getting whatever it was).

I had a quick visit from a friend before running off to the forest to meet up with NoCustard and TeaLady. It was a walk of the English, Irish and Scottish (I'm sure there is a joke in there somewhere). The forest was beautiful, even more beautiful than normal. The trees were a lovely golden yellow and leaves covered the paths and were falling on our heads like snow. Now before you read any further - I have taken A LOT OF PHOTOS! Well I was in the forest for 90 minutes!

We had a lovely walk that took us an hour and a half (well NoCustard is still supposed to be taking it easy after her fall).

By the time I got home it was lunchtime and my birthday present from Huffle had arrived (my very own IPad). We attempted to set it up, and then restored it and then set it up again. It is lovely and has a little inscription on the back that says "Mummy's IPad - Hands Off!!!"

After lunch I left Huffle 'under the stairs' and started dinner. Today I made Roasted Lentil Dahl, Butter Chicken with rice and an Apple and Strawberry Crumble. I put too much spice in the Dahl and Small struggled to eat it. It was too hot for me too but very tasty. The three boys liked the butter chicken and everyone loved the crumble of course.

The boys came home from school with photos from School Photo Day. They were awful. At least I have lots of lovely natural photos of them. We will not be buying any this year (in fact we haven't bought any school ones since we have been here and I always used to buy them in England).

What a pair of ragamuffins - Small looks all fat faced, like the photo is squashed up!

After dinner, the boys watched TV and Huffle and I did some cooker leg maintenance. Is involved him holding up one corner of the heavy heavy cooker and me lying on the floor turning the feet. We were there a long time as once again we couldn't quite make it do what we wanted. Eventually we worked it out and it is 'almost' perfect. One of the problems though is that our kitchen is on a slant which doesn't help.

Today I went into Smallest's bedroom and put everything from the floor (except his beloved Lego battle and his half done puzzle) into a big black bin liner. I threatened this last last night because his room is such a mess and I can't clean it because I can't see the floor. He actually asked me to do it this morning. He has two weeks to put everything away (there isn't that much really) before it goes in the bin. He is happy with this and thinks it is achievable.

I gave Small a challenge to open his curtains, make his bed and close his drawers every day for seven consecutive days in return for some monetary reward. He managed it and is now aiming for a fourteen day challenge. Smallest was given the same challenge but for his curtains and bed (he is only 7). He managed it too eventually but is now trying the fourteen days.

I have also started to give them hearts (for kindness) and skulls (for badness) on their charts. The aim is to get more hearts than skulls and get a reward of some sort. The reason for this was because Small was upset with me because I made him eat his fruit and yoghurt (an ongoing battle) and he left it on the table. I told him it would go off and make him ill but he stormed off anyway. Smallest asked me if he could put it in the fridge for him as he didn't want him to get ill. Even though he knew Small would never do that for him. That was a definite kindness.

 

No comments: