Monday 20 October 2014

I Promise that I will..................

It was a rainy wet day all day. After the boys left for the day, I packaged up my sewing machine, pins, cottons, material etc and and headed off to Suffolks house for a day of sewing.

We happily sewed and chatted all morning long and then stopped for a lovely lunch of Roasted Parsnip soup with seedy bread. It was scrumptious. We followed it with a cup of tea and a couple of chocolates, then carried on with our sewing. We finished by 3 and sat and drank tea and chatted more until her middle child arrived home. I left and got home just in time for the bus to arrive.

Piano lessons were cancelled today but we all practised. The boys played on the IPad but were horrible to each other immediately afterwards so it is banned again for a couple of days, despite the fact that their grades and results from school have improved considerably.

The boys had their Beavers and Scouts Investiture this evening and it was scheduled to be an outside ceremony with campfire and marshmallow roasting but as it rained constantly all day, Huffle and I presumed it would be inside instead. Someone decided that the sky was clearing (It was not) and because they were Scouts it would be all okay. Well I'm glad I didn't stay! It rained heavily on the poor boys all night and they did Apple Bobbing! They came back soaked to the skin. I had to hair dryer their whole body to get them warm and dry.

Huffle and I played Table Tennis.

No comments: