Tuesday 21 October 2014

There's an Alpaca in our barn!

And once again it rained for most of the day. I did go to work but there wasn't a lot done as it was too drizzly and cold. We moved a few plants and repotted one that was thirty-five years old and lived in an heirloom pot. We spent over an hour drinking coffee, eating chocolate carrot cake and chatting. Hopefully next week will be nicer and we can get in the garden and do some proper gardening. I got invited to a Christmas Party today but unfortunately it is on a Saturday so I declined (until nearer the time) as it is too difficult doing things at a weekend as I have no idea what the boys will have on. Plus weekend is family time.

I came home at lunchtime and Huffle, who was working from home, and I went for a walk the length of the village and back in order to pay our gas man bill (His name is not Bill, we had to pay for the job done)(we didn't know he lived that far away but it was a nice walk).

We had a quick lunch and while Huffle worked, I made a Roasted Butternut Soup with toasted butternut seeds and some white soft rolls. Although I forgot to put the yeast in and didn't realise until an hour and a half into the process! I made some more and then made some ginger muffins with vanilla icing.

The boys came home with stories of watching The Stomp in music today and being told off for clapping!! Five of Small's friends came round to film a play they were doing in Drama. They needed to use the barn - it was about some teenagers wanting to buy an Alpaca. After they finished they played hide and seek, football and other things that involved them running around the garden. I stayed out of the way! When two of the boys left they both said "Bye, thank you Mrs H". I was very impressed and told Small while one boy was left playing in the house with him. As he left he looked at me cheekily and said "Bye, thanks for letting me stay". Small also came and said "thanks for letting me have my friends round". Awwww lovely boys.

Huffle and Smallest went off for Huffle's foot assessment. He too needs orthotics (but we knew that) but what was interesting was that they said exactly the same thing as the Physio in England (so at least we know they are genuine). Him and Smallest have an appointment next week to pick up their orthotics and get them fitted in their shoes correctly. All in all that will have cost us $1650 (thank goodness for good health insurance).

Soup, bread, seeds were lovely and everyone ate them (which is unusual for Smallest, as up till now he only ate Tomato or Leek and Potato soup).

Huffle went for a warming soothing bath while the boys watched the Stomp video and I did a bit of jigsaw.

 

No comments: